The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millie228
No it is not. You have no idea what you're talking about, and at this point you are not believable at all.
You insist that you are ugly, but at the same time claim to know what it is like to be beautiful and all that it entails.
You do not submit a photo, I would imagine from fear that someone would actually tell you how to improve your appearance.
Your arguments are inconsistent and reeks of someone in denial. I don't know why you constantly start threads when you are unwilling to accept any opinion which differs from your own.
With these personality traits, I am not surprised you are single and will remain so. With an attitude shift, you could at the very least score a guy at your own level of attractiveness. But I suppose for some, complete self-pity is the preferable lifestyle.

Yeah, it's so easy being me. :rolleyes: Don't you realise that men judge women on looks? It's called living in the real world.
Reply 81
If you're ugly, go for someone who's as equally as ugly.
That's how ugly people are formed.

I don't see the issue!
Reply 82
Original post by im so academic
Yeah, it's so easy being me. :rolleyes: Don't you realise that men judge women on looks? It's called living in the real world.

I have never disputed that men care about looks. Don't put words in my mouth.
What I'm saying is that:
- You could look better than you do. Even if you won't be a 10, you could attract a man.
- Your personality may be secondary to your looks in order to attract a man, but it is not irrelevant. And your personality is ****ty.
- Beauty won't automatically make you happy. You could feel better about yourself if you improved your looks, but speaking from your attitude, you'd be unhappy even if you were born differently.
- If you have decided to permanently wallow in self pity, there is no reason fr you to start new threads.
(edited 11 years ago)
i think every girl is pretty. there are just some who are more prettier than others.
"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

I think this part is true because we all find different things beautiful/good looking (thankfully).
But, I do think people are attracted to people who they find good looking on the outside, because we are all initially attracted to looks. I think if you get to know someone who you were not initially attracted too then they can become good looking to you because of their personality.
I don't want any of this crap like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (total nonsense) and "there are other qualities to consider, not just beauty" (YEAH right).

Men, just give me your honest opinions when you see women. How far do you judge them on looks? Why do you hate ugly woman such as myself?

How far do you base a woman's worth on her looks?

I want honest answers.

Look, no one is going to know you've posted in this thread. Just let out what you really think. I don't want to be lied to anymore.

Seeing as I am neither male nor female, and do not particularly hold romantic or sexual attractions towards females my opinion may be irrelevant, but my sex is male and a female's aesthetics mean nothing to me. I do not hate ugly people; I hate people with an ugly personality.
Reply 86
I'm not actually insecure. If (and they have) a guy told me that I was ugly, I'd laugh it off or make a joke about it. I wouldn't go and cry about it (not in front of them, and even if I would - it depends on who was saying it). I'm not insecure. I know I'm ugly. So I'm secure with myself in the knowledge that I'm so ugly.

???

Abraham Maslow describes an insecure person as a person who "perceives the world as a threatening jungle and most human beings as dangerous and selfish; feels rejected and isolated person, anxious and hostile; is generally pessimistic and unhappy; shows signs of tension and conflict, tends to turn inward; is troubled by guilt-feelings, has one on another disturbance of self-esteem; tends to be neurotic; and is generally selfish and egocentric." (Maslow, 1942, pp 35).
Original post by CJKay
Abraham Maslow describes an insecure person as a person who "perceives the world as a threatening jungle and most human beings as dangerous and selfish; feels rejected and isolated person, anxious and hostile; is generally pessimistic and unhappy; shows signs of tension and conflict, tends to turn inward; is troubled by guilt-feelings, has one on another disturbance of self-esteem; tends to be neurotic; and is generally selfish and egocentric." (Maslow, 1942, pp 35).

Apart from show-casing your totally magnificent copy/paste capability you've accomplished nothing in your post.

Do you care to elaborate?
Original post by Dejah Thoris
Apart from show-casing your totally magnificent copy/paste capability you've accomplished nothing in your post.

What on earth is there to elaborate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jreid1994
What on earth is there to elaborate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The point that he's trying to make in regards to the person he quoted, assuming he has a point of course.
Reply 90

Firstly, who are you?
Secondly, you honestly can't figure it out for yourself? Seriously?
I was basically telling her that she is far from secure in herself, despite what she thinks.
The point that he's trying to make in regards to the person he quoted, assuming he has a point of course.

That she is extremely insecure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJKay

Appeal to authority.

I could do the same thing: Machiavelli mentioned that most of the qualities you have listed are just part of human nature.
Reply 93
Original post by Maid Marian
I'm with you ISA.
If a girl is not at least moderately pretty, she may as well not exist. Simple fact, because no boy would ever look at her and therefore her existence is worthless.

Wait, what?! since when was your existence worthless just because boys don't look at you?!

That is some messed up thinking =/

If that is truly what you think you need to sort your life out.
Original post by redferry
Wait, what?! since when was your existence worthless just because boys don't look at you?!

How is that messed up thinking? Could you please explain?

It's so easy if you're a girl and have lots of male attention. I get nothing.

I would even go as far as saying that my existence and self-worth is only validated if I get male attention.
Reply 95
Appeal to authority.

I could do the same thing: Machiavelli mentioned that most of the qualities you have listed are just part of human nature.

Machiavelli would be wrong because as somebody secure in myself I do not feel the world is threatening, most humans are dangerous, feel rejected or isolated, pessimistic or unhappy, and I try not to consider myself selfish or egocentric (though I'm aware that's not for me to decide).
Original post by CJKay
Machiavelli would be wrong because as somebody secure in myself I do not feel the world is threatening, most humans are dangerous, feel rejected or isolated, pessimistic or unhappy, and I try not to consider myself selfish or egocentric (though I'm aware that's not for me to decide).

Yet I would disagree with Maslow because most human beings are naturally dangerous and selfish - it is in their self-interest for them to do so. Most human beings are pessimistic/unhappy - everyone has some sort of "issues" with them as true happiness is an ideal. It doesn't exist. Even if I were beautiful, I know for a fact I still wouldn't be completely happy. I would be happy yes, but not to the extent where I feel that I have reached the epitome of human happiness (which only exists as a concept).

Everyone shows signs of tension and conflict in some way or another, and yes at times we do turn inward have guilt-feelings about ourselves and about other people. This has nothing to do with how secure you are as a person, but is in fact an accurate perception of society around us.
Original post by redferry

Because if a boy doesn't look at you, you'll never get a boyfriend, you'll be a virgin forever, you'll never reproduce, you'll be lonely and bitter and jealous for your whole life.
That to me is a pretty worthless existence.
Original post by Maid Marian
Because if a boy doesn't look at you, you'll never get a boyfriend, you'll be a virgin forever, you'll never reproduce, you'll be lonely and bitter and jealous for your whole life.
That to me is a pretty worthless existence.

Yep + you miss out on all the sex.
Reply 99
Yet I would disagree with Maslow because most human beings are naturally dangerous and selfish - it is in their self-interest for them to do so. Most human beings are pessimistic/unhappy - everyone has some sort of "issues" with them as true happiness is an ideal. It doesn't exist. Even if I were beautiful, I know for a fact I still wouldn't be completely happy. I would be happy yes, but not to the extent where I feel that I have reached the epitome of human happiness (which only exists as a concept).

Everyone shows signs of tension and conflict in some way or another, and yes at times we do turn inward have guilt-feelings about ourselves and about other people. This has nothing to do with how secure you are as a person, but is in fact an accurate perception of society around us.

Very few people are as unhappy and perceive life as darkly as you do. I think this has been demonstrated by your countless number of red gems and reputation across the forum.

Latest