The Student Room Group

how important is the looks and beauty of a woman to men?

im a muslim teenage girl and i wear the hijab and a niqab. i like wearing it and i feel pride and i dont want to stop wearing it.
having said this, im not conventionally attractive and ive known this and ive accepted that im not pretty. i feel guilty because i sometimes feel like i wear a the mask less for god and more because of my self consciousness, which im trying to improve and accept that god created me in his image which is sure to be beautiful.
saying that, i know my question sounds contradictory but i guess what i really want to know is, how important is looks and beauty to men? i most likely will get married by arrangement and the man wont see my face till after marriage. im worried that he would either regret marrying me after seeing my face and body or find it difficult to love me. so in addition to my question, is there anything i should try do to be more prettier or wanted?
girl let me tell you this
the hijab is absoluetly beautiful
if he is a good guy he will see more of you then your looks
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: (Women may be married for four things: wealth, beauty, lineage or religious commitment)
and i would like to say
your beautiful
allah created the mountains the oceans sunsets and he thought the world needed one of you too
allah craeted the worl in 6 days but took 9 months to create you
Original post by Anonymous #2
girl let me tell you this
the hijab is absoluetly beautiful
if he is a good guy he will see more of you then your looks
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: (Women may be married for four things: wealth, beauty, lineage or religious commitment)
and i would like to say
your beautiful
allah created the mountains the oceans sunsets and he thought the world needed one of you too
allah craeted the worl in 6 days but took 9 months to create you

reply if it helped
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
im a muslim teenage girl and i wear the hijab and a niqab. i like wearing it and i feel pride and i dont want to stop wearing it.
having said this, im not conventionally attractive and ive known this and ive accepted that im not pretty. i feel guilty because i sometimes feel like i wear a the mask less for god and more because of my self consciousness, which im trying to improve and accept that god created me in his image which is sure to be beautiful.
saying that, i know my question sounds contradictory but i guess what i really want to know is, how important is looks and beauty to men? i most likely will get married by arrangement and the man wont see my face till after marriage. im worried that he would either regret marrying me after seeing my face and body or find it difficult to love me. so in addition to my question, is there anything i should try do to be more prettier or wanted?

Believe me, there are men that are attracted merely by your religiosity and looks don't mean too much to them.

Also, Islām encourages that the couple see each other before getting married.
From Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allah: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘If one of you proposes marriage to a woman, if he can look at her to see that which will encourage him to go ahead and marry her, then let him do so.’ I proposed marriage to a young woman, and I used to hide where I could see her, until I saw that which encouraged me to go ahead and marry her, so I did so.’” According to another report he said, ‘a young woman of Bani Salamah. I used to hide from her, until I saw that which encouraged me to go ahead and marry her, so I did so.” [Saheeh Abi Dawood, no. 1832, 1834]

From al-Mugheerah ibn Shu’bah: “I proposed marriage to a woman, and the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘Have you seen her?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Look at her, because it is more fitting that love and compatibility be established between you.’” According to another report: “So he did that, and he married her and mentioned that they got along.” [Reported by al-Daaraqutni, 3/252 (31, 32); Ibn Maajah, 1/574]

Therefore, it is better that you take the advice of the Prophet and look at each other before getting married as this will prevent disappointment later on. I know that in some cultures the couple do not see each other before marriage, however the guidance of the Prophet is better and more worthy of being followed.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymīn gives the guidelines on what you are allowed to see and under what conditions you are allowed to look at them, in this video: https://youtu.be/Wbn0bZXi1Kk?si=5ngkc__Eoq8gnwUk
Reply 4

As for things that will make you feel more wanted, then you should ensure you marry a man who is serious in practising Islām and has excellent character because this is the one who will fear Allāh and treat you well. He will lower his gaze so you will become more beautiful in his eyes as he does not look at other women. You should also fulfil his rights such as obeying him, beautifying yourself for him and the rest of what has been mentioned in the Qur'an and the Sunnah, as this will also increase the love between you.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
reply if it helped

thank you 🙂 your words genuinely touched me and theyre quite eye opening, may allah bless you
Reply 6
Original post by I7V
As for things that will make you feel more wanted, then you should ensure you marry a man who is serious in practising Islām and has excellent character because this is the one who will fear Allāh and treat you well. He will lower his gaze so you will become more beautiful in his eyes as he does not look at other women. You should also fulfil his rights such as obeying him, beautifying yourself for him and the rest of what has been mentioned in the Qur'an and the Sunnah, as this will also increase the love between you.

thank you so much for your knowledge, i feel immensely better reading this, it makes the prospect of getting married less daunting
ill look into the video but yes ill also make sure to fulfil my duties as wife when i am married inshAllah.
may allah bless you
Girl, inshallah you'll get a good man who is attracted to you because of your piety. Besides, within the first couple of days, guys forget about looks and zero in on character. Ask Allah SWT to inshallah make of excellent character and you will get man of good character.
Eat healthy, exercise and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending