The Student Room Group

prerequisites after transferring

I've decided to transfer university into 2nd year but i'm confused as to how second and third year prerequisites would work now since i haven't studied at the new uni for year 1 and a lot of the modules that i want to do have y1 prerequisites. Anyone who's transferred, do you have any idea about this?
Reply 1
Usually when you transfer into L5, your existing L4 is considered equivalent to the L4 of the programme you're joining. So there should not be any issue with prerequisites at this point. Best thing to do is contact the Programme Administrator for confirmation of this. In terms of L6 prerequisites, you need to think about any options/electives picked at L5 to make sure you will be eligible for any advanced study at L6.
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
Usually when you transfer into L5, your existing L4 is considered equivalent to the L4 of the programme you're joining. So there should not be any issue with prerequisites at this point. Best thing to do is contact the Programme Administrator for confirmation of this. In terms of L6 prerequisites, you need to think about any options/electives picked at L5 to make sure you will be eligible for any advanced study at L6.

Ah right. So if there are modules that i've done which are similar to y1 modules at new uni that will count as the pre req? Do you know if i need to get a official transcript or online one for the form.
Reply 3
I don't think there will be any issue with joining L5 modules, but don't quote me on that. When they accepted you, they will have established equivalency. Just make sure when you are making your option choices that you run everything past the Programme Administrator and/or Admissions Tutor who you dealt with.
Reply 4
Original post by cheadle
I don't think there will be any issue with joining L5 modules, but don't quote me on that. When they accepted you, they will have established equivalency. Just make sure when you are making your option choices that you run everything past the Programme Administrator and/or Admissions Tutor who you dealt with.

Sorry, a bit unsure what you mean by admissions tutor. I was told to apply on UCAS to transfer.
Reply 5
Find out who the programme administrator is and email them about this. They compile the lists.
Reply 6
Original post by cheadle
Find out who the programme administrator is and email them about this. They compile the lists.

Oh ok. will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending