The Student Room Group

Strange PwC final partner interview

Today I went for an interview at PwC for the final stage. However, the interview was very informal (which he said before we started) and there were no competence questions asked. It was more like a conversation about working at PwC and a bit about me.

I'm not sure how to take this. Could it possibly mean they decided the outcome before I even got there? I travelled for about 3 hours so it seems very inconvenient to invite me along if they are just going to reject me. How long do they normally take with feedback?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't worry that your interview seemed more like a conversation, mine did too. I think we chatted for half an hour before we hit anything even remotely like an interview question. By the time you're at the partner interview stage, they know you're a fit for PwC. The final interview is more about getting to know you and how you'd gel with the people in that office.

As for how long the feedback takes, that really depends on how busy the partner who interviewed you is. If they have a lot of jobs on at the moment then it'll take longer than if they don't. Try not to worry about it and enjoy your weekend, especially if you came out feeling happy with the interview!

Good luck!
Original post by livefires
Don't worry that your interview seemed more like a conversation, mine did too. I think we chatted for half an hour before we hit anything even remotely like an interview question. By the time you're at the partner interview stage, they know you're a fit for PwC. The final interview is more about getting to know you and how you'd gel with the people in that office.

As for how long the feedback takes, that really depends on how busy the partner who interviewed you is. If they have a lot of jobs on at the moment then it'll take longer than if they don't. Try not to worry about it and enjoy your weekend, especially if you came out feeling happy with the interview!

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Kind of reassuring that it's not a definite no. I take it you received a place for an internship/grad job?
Nothing strange about it. Some partners and even managers sometimes break the "rules" an don't bother with competency questions. Usually a good sign if they just have a chat and want to get to know you. However, if you're rejected after that, it may mean they don't like your personality and don't think you're a fit :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh right, was just a bit surprised but relieved at the same time. I felt it went quite well though, as we both kind of bounced off each other and I felt completely comfortable. It's when you realise that they only take 1 or 2 interns a summer that it starts to get worrying.
Original post by Boom Pow
Today I went for an interview at PwC for the final stage. However, the interview was very informal (which he said before we started) and there were no competence questions asked. It was more like a conversation about working at PwC and a bit about me.

I'm not sure how to take this. Could it possibly mean they decided the outcome before I even got there? I travelled for about 3 hours so it seems very inconvenient to invite me along if they are just going to reject me. How long do they normally take with feedback?

That's not strange, it's normal.
Reply 6
Don't think I had any competency questions at all in my partner interview. Very informal.
Original post by Aeschylus
Don't think I had any competency questions at all in my partner interview. Very informal.

What was the result if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 8
What was the result if you don't mind me asking?

Got an offer
Reply 9
Original post by Aeschylus

Perhaps because partners - unlike HR drones - don't particularly rate competency based questions.
Original post by Norton1
Perhaps because partners - unlike HR drones - don't particularly rate competency based questions.

Ha yes he seemed very unimpressed with the whole rigmarole that was the length of the application process. It wa a fun hour to be honest
Reply 11
I had a partner interview two days ago at Deloitte. Overall the interview lasted 20 minutes.
The first 5 minutes I conducted a presentation. After a few questions and me asking questions, the partner skipped the competency stage saying that it was covered in my first round interview.

I am relieved that other people have had similar experiences.

I am waiting to hear on the outcome though...fingers crossed
Original post by SOASECON
I had a partner interview two days ago at Deloitte. Overall the interview lasted 20 minutes.
The first 5 minutes I conducted a presentation. After a few questions and me asking questions, the partner skipped the competency stage saying that it was covered in my first round interview.

I am relieved that other people have had similar experiences.

I am waiting to hear on the outcome though...fingers crossed

I had that too! Best of luck :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin
I had that too! Best of luck :smile:

Thank you, did you receive an offer after your experiences?
Thank you, did you receive an offer after your experiences?

I did!
Reply 15
what was the outcome if you don't mind me asking? Also for which division was it?

My partner interview at KPMG was mostly just chatting, then two or three competency questions, then chatting about recent business news and how it would affect the company. It was slightly more formal than I was expecting, but certainly not a "formal interview". I got the offer so clearly went alright!
Reply 17
I received my Deloitte offer. I was nervous as the partner interview lasted only 20 minutes but I guess they had already made their mind up before hand.
I received my Deloitte offer. I was nervous as the partner interview lasted only 20 minutes but I guess they had already made their mind up before hand.

may i know which office?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending