The Student Room Group

English Lit GCSE mark!!! :O

So, I recently received my controlled module GCSE English Literature Result. The whole piece amounted to 50% of my final grade ! I got 42%, is this grade good? Is it still possible for me to get an A/A*?:confused: I really want to do well and I study hard! BTW I really want to do Medicine
Thanks Answers really appreciated
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi, not sure what year your in but I'm Y11, and so I'm not sure how many ums are available in your course, but if you get an A* in any other assessment then it will be possible to get one overall. I think.

It would be helpful if you'd let me know what your ums was out of, but say it was out of 100ums, if you got 42% then that would be 84, which if that were the situation would be an A. But as I say, I could do with raw marks and when your final exam is before I can say anymore.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dandaman7771
Hi, not sure what year your in but I'm Y11, and so I'm not sure how many ums are available in your course, but if you get an A* in any other assessment then it will be possible to get one overall. I think.

It would be helpful if you'd let me know what your ums was out of, but say it was out of 100ums, if you got 42% then that would be 84, which if that were the situation would be an A. But as I say, I could do with raw marks and when your final exam is before I can say anymore.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Yes its out of 100 , thanks
Right, so you have 84 ums. And you say that's 50% of the final grade, meaning that you need 160 for an A. Thus, you need 76ums (a mid B) for an A overall, or 96 for an A*.

So its definitely possible if you out the work in. Just out of interest, what other subjects are you studying?
What exam board? Sorry I though for Lit it was:

25% Controlled Assessment
35% Paper 1
40% Paper 2

I might be mistaken though
Reply 5
Original post by MusicMaestro97
What exam board? Sorry I though for Lit it was:

25% Controlled Assessment
35% Paper 1
40% Paper 2

I might be mistaken though

CCEA , I did a controlled assessment and Module that totaled 50% and I have 42% of the 50% available
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by emmalav
CCEA , I did a controlled assessment and Module that totaled 50% and I have 42% of the 50% available

Ahh I see, yeah as long as you do well in your final paper I see no reason why an A* isn't attainable :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by MusicMaestro97
Ahh I see, yeah as long as you do well in your final paper I see no reason why an A* isn't attainable :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest