The Student Room Group

Very urgent. help needed. Is HP 39GS allowed for the FP2 exam??????

So I have got a HP 39gs graphing calculator and I want to know if I can use it in my FP2 exam. Also if I could use it in m3, which I know is not very probable, it would be of help.
I have tried the edexcel website. It gives me vague detentions of what is allowed and what is not, and I have just got this calculator and tbh don't know much about what it can do apart from graphing.
It's a matter of urgency because I don't want to put my time learning to work with it and then realise that it's not even allowed.
Your help is very much appreciated.
Reply 1
If I find out myself, I'll let you know I'm this very thread.:biggrin:
Original post by mashmammad
If I find out myself, I'll let you know I'm this very thread.:biggrin:

No it is banned because it does symbolic calculus.
Reply 3
Original post by Mr M
No it is banned because it does symbolic calculus.

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure? I mean have you heard it or do you have one or??????? Sorry but I just want to make sure before I return it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mashmammad
Thanks for the reply. Are you sure? I mean have you heard it or do you have one or??????? Sorry but I just want to make sure before I return it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just read the calculator specification and it says symbolic differentiation and symbolic integration in simple cases. JCQ prohibit calculators with these features.
Reply 5
Original post by Mr M
Just read the calculator specification and it says symbolic differentiation and symbolic integration in simple cases. JCQ prohibit calculators with these features.

Thanks for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending