The Student Room Group

HOW are Jane Norman still going?!

Scroll to see replies

i used to own a monstrosity like this :rofl: 038185BLCK_1.jpg
still doesn't beat quiz to the award for tackiest shop ever...
I'm always shopping in Jane Norman. They're sophisticated and that's my style. Furthermore, their clothes fit me like a glove. I'm a 6/8 and it's hard to find clothes that cling to my figure and show it off, so JN is a god-send! x
Reply 23
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Jane Norman used to be really 'in' back in 2004. I remember every single girl from around that time walking around with the bags.

I wanted to buy something in there JUST so I could have a bag lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is very true. Like others have mentioned, their bags used to be all the rage and of course I had one. I liked the shop for a good few years after that too, I had a great pair of jeans from there for instance, and I found their clothes were often quite flattering for my figure. But recently I have found it very tacky, I don't know if that's because their clothes have changed or because I've grown up though...
My prom dress was from JN.
But everything else looks like a market stall.
Bebo clothes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is so true about the school bags!

When I was in high school all the popular girls had those ugly "Jane nor" tote bags. (I couldn't find a bigger picture)
140.jpg

I don't think I've ever bought anything from there. It's always seemed really overpriced and I've never been a sucker for labels.
Original post by jazzykinks
I'm always shopping in Jane Norman. They're sophisticated and that's my style. Furthermore, their clothes fit me like a glove. I'm a 6/8 and it's hard to find clothes that cling to my figure and show it off, so JN is a god-send! x

You must have a very odd definition of the word 'sophisticated'...because as far as I can tell, pretty much everything in JN is the complete opposite!
Reply 28
I havnt bought anything from Jane Norman since 2007 personally. I do make an effort and browse there as its in the shopping mall but I agree that the majority of it looks tacky yet expensive.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i agree i hate jane norman it just reminds me of being in like year 8 and trying to be cool when your really not!!!
I've not seen a Jane Norman shop in ages !I'd forgotten all about it.
On TopShop though-I never find their clothes a good fit at all. And even though I'm not skinny, I don't have large breasts or hips-I'm not curvy at all, so it's kinda strange that their clothes don't fit me. By what others have said-Jane Norman's wouldn't either!I must be a freak :smile:
Reply 31
Lol at the bags... I used to have one and carried my books/P.E kit in them... Couldn't afford a dress from monsoon during secondary school so I bought one from there.

I think I own a couple of stuff from there bought during some sale.
But it does look slightly Eastern European :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by therisenmitten

When I was in high school all the popular girls had those ugly "Jane nor" tote bags. (I couldn't find a bigger picture)
140.jpg

I don't think I've ever bought anything from there. It's always seemed really overpriced and I've never been a sucker for labels.

Haha yeah everyone used to have those at my school too, and they used to bring their PE kits in in the Jane Norman carrier bags, which came in all different colours or River Island ones.

To be honest I think people just shopped there for the bags :tongue: Proud to say that I have never been in there myself.
Reply 33
I bought a really pretty evening dress from there, it was a black and white maxi with beads separating the black and white. As in the top was white, the rest of it was black. It was really pretty, I came out of the changing room and people gasped, that was the only time that that's ever happened to me. I also liked the other sort of formal/prom dresses they had
Having said that, I've only ever bought that one dress from there, and if that hadn't been in the window I would not have walked in. I think it can be tacky and everything I like is too expensive. I actually like the first two jumper/cardis that you posted though. The coat though, ergh.
Reply 34
Original post by therisenmitten

140.jpg

Oh god, I used to have one of those :facepalm: Although they're still not as bad as the current brand that Year 7s and 8s are bumming... Paul's Boutique. *shudders*

I only ever tried anything on in Jane Norman when I was about 13. It was a size 6 dress, which is my size everywhere else, but it was so tight that I practically got stuck in it and nearly had a panic attack trying to wriggle out of it. Safe to say, I've never been in there again. :tongue:
Reply 35
Original post by littledolly
My prom dress was from JN.
But everything else looks like a market stall.
Bebo clothes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! I think their prom/evening dresses are really nice. (As I have just said above lool but am saying again anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest