The Student Room Group

FP1 past papers

Hello, I'm doing my FP1 exam in a few weeks; unfortunately they're aren't many past papers that are completely relevant to my exam as the syllabus changed in 2010. I was wondering whether anyone knew of relevant questions or question packs that I would find useful.
Thanks.:colondollar:
Reply 1
Original post by so it goes
Hello, I'm doing my FP1 exam in a few weeks; unfortunately they're aren't many past papers that are completely relevant to my exam as the syllabus changed in 2010. I was wondering whether anyone knew of relevant questions or question packs that I would find useful.

Hello, how hard is FP1, whatis your gcse grade
Reply 2

Just use older papers but only answer questions that relate to the current syllabus

The questions are still good
Reply 3

http://www.google.com/webhp?client=tablet-unknown&source=android-home#sclient=tablet-gws&hl=en&client=tablet-unknown&source=android-home&site=webhp&source=hp&q=tomred+blog+maths&oq=tomr&gs_l=tablet-gws.1.0.35i39l2j0.1095.4651.0.5749.6.5.1.0.0.0.209.817.0j4j1.5.0...0.0...1c.1.8.tablet-gws.OyTqHM_FJzU&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.&bvm=bv.44770516,d.d2k&fp=6ed4fa94a76d1061&biw=768&bih=576

The first link

There are also some other questions on here:

http://clc2.uniservity.com/GroupHomepage.asp?GroupID=54052
Reply 5
Okay, thanks everyone :biggrin: and Tom Red's blog looks great!
Reply 6
Original post by haroon77
Hello, how hard is FP1, whatis your gcse grade

FP1 isn't so hard, if you enjoy maths I'd really recommend taking it. I got an A* at GCSE. You get to do lots of interesting things in FP1 like complex numbers (not nearly as difficult as it sounds), if you enjoy pure maths and find maths interesting it should be okay :smile:
I hope you take it, the more maths people the better :colondollar:

I've heard a few times that the Solomon P4 papers have quite a lot of FP1 content in it, but just ignore the questions not on the syllabus. Solomon papers are usually very helpful because they're a lot more challenging.
FP1 isn't so hard, if you enjoy maths I'd really recommend taking it. I got an A* at GCSE. You get to do lots of interesting things in FP1 like complex numbers (not nearly as difficult as it sounds), if you enjoy pure maths and find maths interesting it should be okay :smile:
I hope you take it, the more maths people the better :colondollar:

Wait until FP2 :tongue:.
Reply 9
Original post by brittanna
Wait until FP2 :tongue:.

Haha; I'm not too sure whether to be excited or scared :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest