Edexcel AS Level Further Maths 2022

Watch this thread
WhovianGirl2005
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just sat the paper, please tell me everyone else found it as horrific as I did. The vectors question made absolutely no sense and the volumes of revolution question made me actually cry in the exam.

Thanks Edexcel!
babbott
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It was horrific. That series question with the tan function was so confusing. And ngl it would’ve taken me a good 45 mins to do that vol of revolution question properly. Everyone in my class found it ridiculously hard.
babbott
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
But hopefully it means the grade boundaries will be rly low
WhovianGirl2005
Rep:
On the vectors question, it asked if the ball would go over the net and I wrote "Yes because if it didn't then it would be a really rubbish game of tennis" so that sums up how I found it. I think I only got 28/80
babbott
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WhovianGirl2005)
On the vectors question, it asked if the ball would go over the net and I wrote "Yes because if it didn't then it would be a really rubbish game of tennis" so that sums up how I found it. I think I only got 28/80
If u don’t get the mark for that idk what they’re playin at
WhovianGirl2005
Rep:
Exactly, my logic is perfectly reasonable. I wrote jokes throughout my paper too, I even tried complimenting the examiner to get pitty marks. It really was just awful
AdvLON00
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I feel like this exam literally ruined my UCAS application for next year... it was awful!! I really really hope they lower the grade boundaries and that the second paper is not as hard.
WhovianGirl2005
Rep:
Yeah I've 100% ruined my predicted grades. Bye bye Cambridge!
aj_1177
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Found it so much harder than all the past papers. What a joke that was . Why did they throw trig functions in a volume of revolution questions and also we learned all that vector content just for it to be some abstract mechanics question where you didn’t know what to do.
AdvLON00
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
no literally, most of us still haven´t done differentiation of trig functions yet so it was basically impossible to find the maximum...
Let´s study hard and do paper 2 the best we can!!!!
WhovianGirl2005
Rep:
Especially after 2 years with no real exams they made that paper so unnecessarily hard. I did all the past papers including the specimen paper and they were all easy compared to that. Edexcel are just on a different planet, I don't know who thought that paper was acceptable to give. Also the advanced information for that exam was absolutely useless
liamlarner
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi guys I am doing the full A Level core pure 1 paper next Wednesday any advice given your experience with this
dh33r4j_d
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Months of practice gone down the drain at this rate. Was so confused at the vectors question and didn't realise I had to differentiate for the volumes of revolution q at the last minute, I've never seen these types of q before. What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be, hopefully 60% for an A??
AdvLON00
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the grade boundaries have to be lower than 2019, since they have to be more generous due to covid. 2019 it was around 63% to get an A so I´d say 60% is likely, but im not taking into account that literally not a single person has said that it went well!
ran-dumb
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Exactly, my logic is perfectly reasonable. I wrote jokes throughout my paper too, I even tried complimenting the examiner to get pitty marks. It really was just awful
I actually want an unofficial mark scheme of your jokes haha. Sorry the exam went so bad
WhovianGirl2005
Rep:
(Original post by liamlarner)
Hi guys I am doing the full A Level core pure 1 paper next Wednesday any advice given your experience with this
I really don't know how to help, nothing could have prepared me for that exam.
liamlarner
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I really don't know how to help, nothing could have prepared me for that exam.
oh ****
babbott
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by liamlarner)
Bring some tissues for when you cry
liamlarner
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by babbott)
Bring some tissues for when you cry
what was your proof by induction like
WhovianGirl2005
Rep:
No literally, I actually cried 3 times during that exam. I walked out crying at the end and my teacher was like what the hell happened. I even wrote on one the questions "please ignore the tear stains". Whoever marks mine is going to have the time of their life I'm telling you haha.

If 60% is an A then I definitely only got a D. I think I only got around 30%
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (45)
26.79%
As I expected (54)
32.14%
Harder (61)
36.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.76%

Watched Threads