The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Level Further Maths 2022

I just sat the paper, please tell me everyone else found it as horrific as I did. The vectors question made absolutely no sense and the volumes of revolution question made me actually cry in the exam.

Thanks Edexcel!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was horrific. That series question with the tan function was so confusing. And ngl it would’ve taken me a good 45 mins to do that vol of revolution question properly. Everyone in my class found it ridiculously hard.
Reply 2
But hopefully it means the grade boundaries will be rly low
On the vectors question, it asked if the ball would go over the net and I wrote "Yes because if it didn't then it would be a really rubbish game of tennis" so that sums up how I found it. I think I only got 28/80
Reply 4
Original post by WhovianGirl2005
On the vectors question, it asked if the ball would go over the net and I wrote "Yes because if it didn't then it would be a really rubbish game of tennis" so that sums up how I found it. I think I only got 28/80

If u don’t get the mark for that idk what they’re playin at
Exactly, my logic is perfectly reasonable. I wrote jokes throughout my paper too, I even tried complimenting the examiner to get pitty marks. It really was just awful
I feel like this exam literally ruined my UCAS application for next year... it was awful!! I really really hope they lower the grade boundaries and that the second paper is not as hard.
Yeah I've 100% ruined my predicted grades. Bye bye Cambridge!
Reply 8
Found it so much harder than all the past papers. What a joke that was . Why did they throw trig functions in a volume of revolution questions and also we learned all that vector content just for it to be some abstract mechanics question where you didn’t know what to do.
no literally, most of us still haven´t done differentiation of trig functions yet so it was basically impossible to find the maximum...
Let´s study hard and do paper 2 the best we can!!!!
Especially after 2 years with no real exams they made that paper so unnecessarily hard. I did all the past papers including the specimen paper and they were all easy compared to that. Edexcel are just on a different planet, I don't know who thought that paper was acceptable to give. Also the advanced information for that exam was absolutely useless
Hi guys I am doing the full A Level core pure 1 paper next Wednesday any advice given your experience with this
Months of practice gone down the drain at this rate. Was so confused at the vectors question and didn't realise I had to differentiate for the volumes of revolution q at the last minute, I've never seen these types of q before. What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be, hopefully 60% for an A??
the grade boundaries have to be lower than 2019, since they have to be more generous due to covid. 2019 it was around 63% to get an A so I´d say 60% is likely, but im not taking into account that literally not a single person has said that it went well!
Exactly, my logic is perfectly reasonable. I wrote jokes throughout my paper too, I even tried complimenting the examiner to get pitty marks. It really was just awful

I actually want an unofficial mark scheme of your jokes haha. Sorry the exam went so bad
Original post by liamlarner
Hi guys I am doing the full A Level core pure 1 paper next Wednesday any advice given your experience with this

I really don't know how to help, nothing could have prepared me for that exam.
I really don't know how to help, nothing could have prepared me for that exam.

oh ****
Original post by liamlarner

Bring some tissues for when you cry
Original post by babbott
Bring some tissues for when you cry

what was your proof by induction like
No literally, I actually cried 3 times during that exam. I walked out crying at the end and my teacher was like what the hell happened. I even wrote on one the questions "please ignore the tear stains". Whoever marks mine is going to have the time of their life I'm telling you haha.

If 60% is an A then I definitely only got a D. I think I only got around 30%

Quick Reply

Latest