The Student Room Group

Anyone planning to go Thailand during their gap year either to volunteer or travel

Hey guys

Is there anyone that is planning to travel or volunteer in Thailand this summer, I intend to but just seeing if anyone else is planning to ?
Reply 1
Original post by Voltozonic
I may do but not definite yet.

I spent 7 weeks in Thailand last summer though so feel free if you have any questions.

Ah sweet, well I'd be only be travelling for 11 days now as I've sorted out a few things training for 2 months (muay Thai) and then medical placement. Have you got any sites that are a must see when going there ?
Reply 2
Depends where you are going

Where are you doing the boxing ? Chiang Mai ?

Yeah I'm doing muay thai in Chiang Mai, we had originally thought to go to the islands I think Koh phagan, wanted to go to the full moon party but its not on when we are there, so going to dark moon party thing there you know much about that ?
But apart from the islands we intend to go to Bangkok, other than that don't have a clue where else would be decent so your help would be much appreciated :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
:sexface:
Reply 4
Sounds sweet, well with 11 days you've probably got enough to do already.

Chiang Mai is right the way up North. I'm assuming you're flying to Bangkok initially, then how are you getting up there ? If you can afford to i'd get a flight because the train takes about 15-16 hours each way.

Bangkok was my favourite place, half the reason was probably because I met my current girlfriend there! Make sure you get the river boat and go see some sights like the grand palace. Loads of shopping centres in Bangkok too.

I didn't go to the full moon party, it's not really my thing. But i've heard the black moon party is decent just not as busy. It's on Koh Phangan, check out Koh Tao which is right next door if you get time. Koh Samui seemed a bit more chilled and family orientated from experience, Koh Tao would be a better shout.

Yeah I was going to get a flight to Chiang Mai, and then when I'm travelling back to Bangkok with my mate ill be getting the train. Yeah Bangkok I will definitively be going to as loads of people have said its quality, okay Koh Phangan and Koh Tao is added to the list :smile:
Is there any places you'd say to stay away from ?

Quick Reply

Latest