The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
So no tactical changes to be seen, still not putting any pressure on them when they have the ball. Mikel looks like a passenger and Ramires aint been great. Haven't even tested their keeper probably, which is our only chance now as he looks poor.
Very generous today, give another team a chance to win the cup. The only positive, one less game to play til the end of the season.
Reply 742
Credit to Chris foy for city's victory
Reply 743
I've lost all respect for Aguero, top ****. Quite a good game, but we should've played much better, had we started to play good earlier we would've won the game.

I actually don't understand Chelsea, we play great against United, but for some reason against most other teams we're decent at most.

EDIT: Oh yeh, and what a goal by Ba!
(edited 11 years ago)
Aguero is the biggest idiot and ****er - even Suarez is better because atleast he admits it when he plays dirty.
Chris Foy is an idiot - Torres got ****ing shirt raped by Kompany and no penalty.
Can I just ask, why is it that we often start slow but then start properly playing much later into the game?
Reply 746
Chris Foy getting lots of praise from ITV for letting the game flow. But it only encourages people to take risks and push the boundaries. Aguero's horrible 2-footed lunge on Luiz goes unpunished. Torres decides to take retribution going in on his calf.

People talk of refs 'ruining' matches by brandishing cards. It ruins a match if you don't apply the rules properly. Aguero should've been off. He might get a ban but what difference does it make now? City are in the final, his ban won't include the final, and the league's over anyway. Joke.

Missed Terry and Lampard's experience and organization. Looked clueless at times. Fair play to Rafa for putting Torres on and that making a brief difference. Don't know why it hasn't been done at all before.

And right at the end, you've got Luiz and Ivanovic back putting the ball upfield. I don't get why they weren't up there themselves. Oscar's not gonna get any headers there at all.
Reply 747
Original post by The Assassin
Can I just ask, why is it that we often start slow but then start properly playing much later into the game?

That's what I can't get my head round, it's stupid.

Not only that, the way we just let players like Toure, Aguero to run about with so much room.
Exactly.

Also, what does everyone think of the challenge by Kompany on Torres? Someone else said thisn another forum I visit - "Stop blaming the ref your defenders ****ed up and City dominated first half. Just because he doesn't see a shirt pull that is blocked by two human bodies which HAPPEN TO BE OPAQUE. Don't expect the referees to be X-ray vision". Not quite sure what to say to that, lol...
Reply 749
Exactly.

Also, what does everyone think of the challenge by Kompany on Torres? Someone else said thisn another forum I visit - "Stop blaming the ref your defenders ****ed up and City dominated first half. Just because he doesn't see a shirt pull that is blocked by two human bodies which HAPPEN TO BE OPAQUE. Don't expect the referees to be X-ray vision". Not quite sure what to say to that, lol...

What happened yesterday with Giroud? The ref didn't see it, the linesman was 60 yards away and he called it. The linesman today was much closer not sure why he couldn't call it.
Reply 750
Exactly.

The extra officials really need to grow a pair.

Just stand and watch and do **** all (Bit like Garcia for City...)
Reply 751
funny how none of u mention the yaya toure incident on the other end (should have also been a penalty)

keep looking for any excuse lol, i bet that jam277 kid is goin mad
Reply 752
Original post by ulcerboy
funny how none of u mention the yaya toure incident on the other end (should have also been a penalty)

keep looking for any excuse lol, i bet that jam277 kid is goin mad

Not even. I wanted a fair game. We didn't get that. However I am the first to admit(read the match day thread you ignoramus) that we deserved to lose the game as we turned up for 30 mins.

Plus one penalty shout vs a red card and a penalty shout. Clear to see who got the worse side out of bad refereeing. All he did was just give advantage for everything but he didn't let the game flow. If you could stop being biased for a second and look at things with a bit of sense maybe you would understand where some of us are coming from.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 753
It's an odd experience actually wanting Zorres to come on...

We're also taking too long to get into these big games, just like the 2-2 FA Cup QF against United. Luckily then we were able to come back into it but this time we just didn't give ourselves enough time. The way we started I was expecting to be 2-0 down by the 30th minute, although to be fair when we finally got going we did play well and it's unfortunate we were denied both a clear penalty and a red card for Ageuro.
Reply 754
yo..
Reply 755
yo..
You're embarrassing yourself mate.
Reply 756
Original post by Nickini
It's an odd experience actually wanting Zorres to come on...

We're also taking too long to get into these big games, just like the 2-2 FA Cup QF against United. Luckily then we were able to come back into it but this time we just didn't give ourselves enough time. The way we started I was expecting to be 2-0 down by the 30th minute, although to be fair when we finally got going we did play well and it's unfortunate we were denied both a clear penalty and a red card for Ageuro.
they were also denied a penalty, and its sad that u have to rely on those kind of incidents (aguero). his foul did not change the game in any way, shape or form - the ball wasn't even in play.. yeah it should have been a red but come on, it's not like it was a goal scoring opportunity or something. that's something chelsea fans will keep talking about out of desperation

if ur getting battered 11v11 and need ur opponents to go a player down for u to stand a chance then u dont deserve to go through. city were much better today
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 757
Original post by Nickini
You're embarrassing yourself mate.
u sound slightly furious

relax, breathe. drink some water
Reply 758
u sound slightly furious

relax, breathe. drink some water

You're a crap troll. Please rid this thread of your presence. :smile:

The thread leader has spoken.

But in all seriousness you thought I'd be fuming about the loss but you failed :lol:
Hmm, what defenders would be able to handle Toure? Our defenders just couldn't really do it.

Latest