The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
There is no conspiracy.
Original post by Aj12
At the temp the fires were burning the towers steel supports lose something like half of its load bearing strength if not more especially when you look at how long the fires were going for, one floor collapses on to another and then the next ect.

Sure. I'm not disagreeing, but there's nothing special about jet fuel as opposed to a normal fire. In fact, it burns at a notably lower temperature than most fuel.
Original post by Pete_Lawton
Do you have any evidence for that claim? Most of it would have been declassified by now.

You're claiming that nuclear weapons designs from the 1950s have been declassified?
Original post by the bear
hmm no there isn't

Have you researched the other side of the argument by any chance? It's like trying to preach atheism to a religious nut sometimes...

There are so many inconsistencies with the video tapes of 'him' after 9/11. He openly denied his involvement for months until he 'admitted' towards the end of 2001. Egyptian newspapers had an obituary for him in December of that year, and many hospital workers acknowledged his kidney illness at this time. He was on talking terms with the US and their agents (come on, they even funded him back along). They stabbed him in the back and used him as a metaphorical enemy).

This is not even mentioning Obama's so called murder operation. This is just plain ridiculous. No photos. No trial. Nothing. And you're saying it took 10 years to find a man using the best technology available? It's all propaganda!
Reply 64
No Its not.:noway:
Original post by kingm
Well the same is true for suicide bombers. They do it because they are sacrificing themselves for their god/religion.

But what were the Illuminati (or whatever) hyjackers sacrificing themselves for? the Islamic terrorists do so because they believe they'll get 72 virgins or what-have-you in the afterlife. The Illuminati is only taking over in this life and hence I can't see how it would benefit them to do that.
Original post by rjm101
I believe it was, just look at the way the WTC building fell. Just totally random and it falls right within its foot print. Buildings dont collapse like that unless they were controlled demolitions. It's a bit of a joke really. What about the black smoke? and the multiple pop sounds that have been picked just before the towers fall and what about the steel core? Fire doesnt do jack to steel foundations and what about the news reports of one the buildings reported to have fallen but didnt actually fall yet? WTF. Then there are photos showing something mounted under the plane and the fact that it looked gray rather than an AA 747 and what about the time delay? If I remember correctly the second tower falls before the first. Plus plenty of other real interesting things I havent mentioned.

It's a long time since I last watched this but I found it very interesting at the time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwayjX4ipFc

1) Why wouldn't it mainly fall within its footprint? The towers fell because their steel cores were melted by the fires from the plane's fuel till they weren't strong enough to carry their weight. It wasn't like a lumber-jack cutting down a tree with an axe where all of the damage is on one side.

2) Black smoke, might have been aviation fuel burning, might have been a bomb, who knows ... hardly evidence of anything.

3) Pop sounds, might have been the elements of the steel cores finally buckling, might have been bombs, again no-one knows.

4) Inaccurate news reports have nothing to do with the US government.

And last but not least, and probably the best proof there wasn't a conspiracy ... if the US government was willing and capable of faking 9/11 and carrying it all off, then how come they didn't plant WMDs somewhere in the Iraqi desert to frame Saddam Hussein and justify their hugely unpopular war?
Reply 67
Original post by The Socktor
But what were the Illuminati (or whatever) hyjackers sacrificing themselves for? the Islamic terrorists do so because they believe they'll get 72 virgins or what-have-you in the afterlife. The Illuminati is only taking over in this life and hence I can't see how it would benefit them to do that.

I highly doubt that members of the 'illuminati' hijacked planes and flew them in to buildings. But to debunk an entire conspiracy because you can't see why fundamentalists would commit suicide for a cause would be counterproductive.
Reply 68
Original post by midnightice
Have you researched the other side of the argument by any chance? It's like trying to preach atheism to a religious nut sometimes...

There are so many inconsistencies with the video tapes of 'him' after 9/11. He openly denied his involvement for months until he 'admitted' towards the end of 2001. Egyptian newspapers had an obituary for him in December of that year, and many hospital workers acknowledged his kidney illness at this time. He was on talking terms with the US and their agents (come on, they even funded him back along). They stabbed him in the back and used him as a metaphorical enemy).

This is not even mentioning Obama's so called murder operation. This is just plain ridiculous. No photos. No trial. Nothing. And you're saying it took 10 years to find a man using the best technology available? It's all propaganda!

in your paranoid fantasy world these retarded conjectures pass for truth. In the real world it is different. UBL was whacked by the SEALS in Abbotabad.
I've given up on trying to convince the conspiracy nutjobs otherwise. If you're dumb enough to believe it was an inside job, you're beyond help.
I can't really comment on the scientific evidence re the structural conditions that 'suggest' it was an inside job, because like 99.9% of the population I'm not qualified to do so. However it's worth noting that nothing like those conditions had ever been observed in practice before, so you can't go ruling things out just because 'it had never been known to happen' - it's exceptional circumstances like that that lead to things that science has difficulty explaining. Especially when, at the time, everybody's busy running around to try and save lives rather than take accurate scientific observations.

However, the biggest problem I have with this conspiracy theory is the complete lack of a motive on the part of the government. There is just no logical explanation as to why the US government would want to orchestrate a mass-killing of its own citizens unless you assume that they're all sadists. Perhaps to govern support for the war in Iraq/Afghanistan but that's ultimately a different route to the same destination. And personally, since I don't believe that such a huge number of people are inherently evil/mentally ill, I believe the story generally presented as truth, that it was the work of Islamic extremists from the Middle East.
Reply 71
typical nutcase post... extra long for added nonsense.

I have to say: your counter-argument is just so convincing. Kudos on it.
Reply 72
Original post by Rooster523
I've given up on trying to convince the conspiracy nutjobs otherwise. If you're dumb enough to believe it was an inside job, you're beyond help.

And to counter that, if you're dumb enough to tarnish every person who might believe in a conspiracy with one brush then you are beyond help. It's very easy to say it wasn't a conspiracy. Very easy. The 9/11 debacle goes so deep that not even those that are willing to accept that it may have been orchestrated by powers higher than government have even touched the surface. 9/11 has been a hugely successful event for the US. Fact. Is it so impossible to believe they didn't no it was going to happen/help it happen? I don't think so.
Original post by Rooster523

If you're dumb enough to believe everything the government says is true then you're beyond help. The Iraq war was all lies, doesn't that at least make you THINK for YOURSELF.

Also, look up Operation Northwoods.
Original post by Theflyingbarney
I can't really comment on the scientific evidence re the structural conditions that 'suggest' it was an inside job, because like 99.9% of the population I'm not qualified to do so. However it's worth noting that nothing like those conditions had ever been observed in practice before, so you can't go ruling things out just because 'it had never been known to happen' - it's exceptional circumstances like that that lead to things that science has difficulty explaining. Especially when, at the time, everybody's busy running around to try and save lives rather than take accurate scientific observations.

However, the biggest problem I have with this conspiracy theory is the complete lack of a motive on the part of the government. There is just no logical explanation as to why the US government would want to orchestrate a mass-killing of its own citizens unless you assume that they're all sadists. Perhaps to govern support for the war in Iraq/Afghanistan but that's ultimately a different route to the same destination. And personally, since I don't believe that such a huge number of people are inherently evil/mentally ill, I believe the story generally presented as truth, that it was the work of Islamic extremists from the Middle East.

Operation Northwoods. Welcome to the real world.
in your paranoid fantasy world these retarded conjectures pass for truth. In the real world it is different. UBL was whacked by the SEALS in Abbotabad.

Anything out of your comfort zone is 'conspiracy' and 'paranoia'. Wow, George Orwell was making a great prophecy.
Original post by midnightice
Operation Northwoods. Welcome to the real world.

I know what Northwoods was. But the difference there was that the USA was already at war with Cuba, so they had a motive for the acts that were supposedly planned. With regard to 9/11, why would the USA want to START a war with Iraq/Afghanistan? As I said in my original post (and you appear to have conveniently ignored) there is no clear motive for going to war there besides a) revenge for 9/11 as perpetrated by terrorist cells from those countries, or b) sadism, i.e. enjoying seeing people die.
Reply 77
Original post by Theflyingbarney
I know what Northwoods was. But the difference there was that the USA was already at war with Cuba, so they had a motive for the acts that were supposedly planned. With regard to 9/11, why would the USA want to START a war with Iraq/Afghanistan? As I said in my original post (and you appear to have conveniently ignored) there is no clear motive for going to war there besides a) revenge for 9/11 as perpetrated by terrorist cells from those countries, or b) sadism, i.e. enjoying seeing people die.

Motives for a war with the middle east: money, oil, establish more bases in the middle east, and more money.
Reply 78
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
You're claiming that nuclear weapons designs from the 1950s have been declassified?

Of course scientific advancements and the like are going to be subject to classification. 9/11 would not come under that area, it would be an operational file, like Northwoods and Ajax. Besides the use of nuclear weapons only validates the arguments I said earlier about leaks, the nuclear tech of 1950 almost certainly ended up in the hands of the Russians and Chinese.
Reply 79
Original post by kingm
Motives for a war with the middle east: money, oil, establish more bases in the middle east, and more money.

ALL of which are easily justifiable without 9/11. Extraordinary risk necessitates extraordinary reward for taking that risk, it just doesn't add up.

Latest

Trending

Trending