The Student Room Group

Case analysis - Finding the ratio

Hi,

I'm a first year law student practising how to find the ratio of case for an upcoming case analysis exam. In the exam we are presented with a case and asked to find the material facts, issue and ratio. I understand the definitions and how to find these but i haven't had the chance to practise these skills yet as we haven't been given a practise case with a set of answers to compare our own answers to. Is there anywhere i can go be it online or in a book to find examples of a case, complete with its ratio decidendi so i can practise writing my own and then comparing it to the official ratio?

Thanks,

James
Reply 1
Original post by jamez_fraza
Hi,

I'm a first year law student practising how to find the ratio of case for an upcoming case analysis exam. In the exam we are presented with a case and asked to find the material facts, issue and ratio. I understand the definitions and how to find these but i haven't had the chance to practise these skills yet as we haven't been given a practise case with a set of answers to compare our own answers to. Is there anywhere i can go be it online or in a book to find examples of a case, complete with its ratio decidendi so i can practise writing my own and then comparing it to the official ratio?

Thanks,

James

The Westlaw headnote for almost any case should give you that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending