The Student Room Group

Advanced notice paper F332 OCR SALTERS B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lilGem
Nope :frown:

Apparently this paper is impossible :cry2:

From people i've spoken to in year 13 they say that it is not that bad, but yeah I think it's MUCH MUCH MUCH harder than F331:frown:
Reply 41
Original post by cheetahs56
From people i've spoken to in year 13 they say that it is not that bad, but yeah I think it's MUCH MUCH MUCH harder than F331:frown:

The ones I've spoken too have said it's ridiculously difficult :frown:

You can know the content but if you don't knowthe wording wanted it's a lot harder
Reply 42
Original post by lilGem
The ones I've spoken too have said it's ridiculously difficult :frown:

You can know the content but if you don't knowthe wording wanted it's a lot harder

Oh i hate wording:frown: Damn you OCR examiners! Lost marks on the first module in silly places, as reading unofficial mark schemes i only got 3 marks wrong, must have lost other ones on wording:angry:
Reply 43
We haven't gone through the pre-release yet... we haven't even finished polymer revolution. Does anyone else have difficulty completing a WHOLE past paper due to the fact they haven't had the chance to study the pre-release for that specific paper. It's really putting me off revising :frown:
Reply 44
Original post by cheetahs56
Oh i hate wording:frown: Damn you OCR examiners! Lost marks on the first module in silly places, as reading unofficial mark schemes i only got 3 marks wrong, must have lost other ones on wording:angry:

Same! I know the theory relatively well, I just lose the marks on wording :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by lilGem
Same! I know the theory relatively well, I just lose the marks on wording :frown:

I think this applies to a LOT of people including me.
Reply 46
Original post by krisshP
I think this applies to a LOT of people including me.

I'm convinced they're worse than biology when it comes to it :sad:
Reply 47
Original post by lilGem
I'm convinced they're worse than biology when it comes to it :sad:

With OCR Salters chemistry we not only have to understand the content, but also memorise the mark scheme answers :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by krisshP
With OCR Salters chemistry we not only have to understand the content, but also memorise the mark scheme answers :frown:

I know- and application of theory to the questions :frown:
Reply 49
Original post by lilGem
I know- and application of theory to the questions :frown:

The same stuff comes up every year though
Reply 50
Original post by krisshP
The same stuff comes up every year though

True
Reply 51
Original post by lilGem
We were given some exam style questions on the advance notice:

and here are the answers

Hope this helps anyone :smile:

Qu 2 c's answer is wrong, it is pyramidal not tetrahedral since it has just one lone pair.
Reply 52
does ozone have 120degree bonding angle? and im taking it that the shape is pyramidal seeing as though it has a lone pair and not tetrahedral because of only two bonding groups and a lone pair ie 3 sets of electrons?
Reply 53
Original post by StephenNaulls
We haven't gone through the pre-release yet... we haven't even finished polymer revolution. Does anyone else have difficulty completing a WHOLE past paper due to the fact they haven't had the chance to study the pre-release for that specific paper. It's really putting me off revising :frown:

I'm having exactly the same problem.. We're so behind in college in both chemistry and biology :frown: and we haven't gone through the pre-release which is scaring me! .. With all the homework as well I'm not even having a chance to revise for the re-sit exams at all which is so frustrating!

I recommend that you start your own revision and study plan and don't rely on college these days!!
Reply 54
Original post by DrewLangan
does ozone have 120degree bonding angle? and im taking it that the shape is pyramidal seeing as though it has a lone pair and not tetrahedral because of only two bonding groups and a lone pair ie 3 sets of electrons?

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/images/206ozone.gif
Reply 55
I dont understand how it is ozone is bent? if anyone could clarify Thanks
Reply 56
Original post by DrewLangan
I dont understand how it is ozone is bent? if anyone could clarify Thanks

It's due to the lone pair of electrons on the central oxygen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by super121
It's due to the lone pair of electrons on the central oxygen

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you had to have 2 lone pairs on the central atom for it to be bent?
Reply 58
Original post by StephenNaulls
I thought you had to have 2 lone pairs on the central atom for it to be bent?

Not always. Ozone is a triatomic molecule, if it had no line pairs then it would be linear. Due to the lone pair if electrons it is bent, because the electrons repel to get as far away as possible from each other. (This was my teachers explanation anyway) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by super121
Not always. Ozone is a triatomic molecule, if it had no line pairs then it would be linear. Due to the lone pair if electrons it is bent, because the electrons repel to get as far away as possible from each other. (This was my teachers explanation anyway) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but I got taught that two lone pairs = bent, 1 lone pair = pyramidal, no lone pairs = tetrahedral... I know that's for 4 areas of electron density, and ozone is triatomic like you say, so surely it wouldn't be bent- it'd be something different that applies to 3 areas of electron density.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending