The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
The amount Basel have been fouling is ridiculous
Reply 1301
Original post by The Assassin
Unrelated to the game, but I still want Sturridge back. If only...

Me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1302
Wrong pass ffs. Torres should have passed to the left but oh well and the cross azpi did was pretty ****. Hazard's miss was **** too.

We really should be 3-0 up. Said that basel would be a walkover if we play anywhere near semi decent.

Honestly more of the same in the second half, need to finish our chances all of the players have been wasteful.

All we have to do is just get our fullbacks behind the ball to stop sallers pace from hurting cole and stop stocker getting in behind as he's their most technical player. They're not going to break us down like this and we haven't been expending too much energy so can keep this up for most of the match by hitting them on counters.

Would like to see oscar come on at some point too and benayoun/marin if we're clearly out of sight with 10 mins to go.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1303
Rafa's tactics seem to be more or less neutralising Basel, good to see. Surprised Hazard missed that chance, but his first touch made it a lot harder. Optimistic for the second half, but usually when we miss so many chances we go on to get humiliated...
Reply 1304
Original post by mhsc
Rafa's tactics seem to be more or less neutralising Basel, good to see. Surprised Hazard missed that chance, but his first touch made it a lot harder. Optimistic for the second half, but usually when we miss so many chances we go on to get humiliated...

Doubt we'll get humiliated. Just don't think basel have it in them. As long as we're professional we should be out of sight. Surprised tottenham didn't beat them in fact their lack of pace from tottenham's injuries and our pace on the counter is what probably is beating them, had bale and lennon been on in the second leg tottenham would have won as well.

Lampard has been boss too. Luiz a little rash in midfield if he gets the discipline in midfield he'd be such an enforcer, a martinez or a schweinsteigger type player think he has the attributes for both the roles, Seem's to have the attributes of a complete midfielder in fact. Lampard seems to know when to make the run, Seems like he sees everything 3 passes before everyone else.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1305
If we handle these next two or 3 waves of attacks we should be fine and get back to controlling the game.
Reply 1306
Cole and luiz have been very good today as well. Great work from hazard. Torres should have scored but unlucky.
We should be 4-0 up this match. So many clear cut chances we've missed.
(edited 11 years ago)
So we could be like, what, 4-0 up, maybe? (4-1 if you take into consideration when Stocker hit the post). Unlucky.
Reply 1308
Original post by The Assassin
So we could be like, what, 4-0 up, maybe? (4-1 if you take into consideration when Stocker hit the post). Unlucky.

Yup. We should be doing better. Honestly if we just made the most of our chances we'd be out of sight. No need for changes too. This luiz lampard partnership is looking very good too.

Misplaced passes. **** sake man are we really that **** at retaining possession. Luiz, lampard and hazard are looking proper good today.
Reply 1309
I think since we're clearly playing for a 1-0 we might as well just put on oscar.
Original post by jam277
Yup. We should be doing better. Honestly if we just made the most of our chances we'd be out of sight. No need for changes too. This luiz lampard partnership is looking very good too.

Misplaced passes. **** sake man are we really that **** at retaining possession. Luiz, lampard and hazard are looking proper good today.

I know - I'm pleased with the play overall. Really liking Luiz in midfield. Can't really fault any of the players atm except from the fact that, like you said, we can't retain possession.

fenerbache 0 - 0 Benfica so far. Surprised.
Reply 1311
Oh and I think we should just wait for basel to attack us. We need the crowd raised up so they put their players forward. Personally think we'll get another goal and then just 3-0 them when they give up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Cole... >_>

EDIT: In fact he didn't even waste that much time.
Lol dragovic out of the second leg - that's fortunate. :lol:
Reply 1314
Dragovic shouldn't be on the pitch.
We could seriously be mullering them now.
Reply 1316
Seems mata coming on has got us retaining possession better. Think we really should be more than 1-0 up so we should go for another goal I feel. We're probably looking at the next match on saturday and not exerting ourselves too much.
This trophy is ours to lose. And knowing Benitez, we will lose it.
Benfica are playing pretty badly against Fener. Fener could be 3-0 up.

EDIT: 1-0 now. Interesting.. at the start of the game I thought Benfica would win.
(edited 11 years ago)
David Luiz should be off :/

Latest