The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Chemistry qualitative tomorrow, real freaked out. Hope I do well. :smile:
*subscribed*

Anyone who wants to do a Q/A session- feel free to quote me :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 162
I have my third retake tomorrow to try to get 10/10. Our teacher gave us a hint about red litmus paper turning blue with ammonia. If anybody else has done this test what other questions/experiments will come up in this paper?
Reply 163
Original post by purplemind
That's the one I'm going to do on Monday. :biggrin:

Ah cool! Well good luck, it's pretty straight forward and definitely better than titrations :redface:
Original post by Dan1300
I have my third retake tomorrow to try to get 10/10. Our teacher gave us a hint about red litmus paper turning blue with ammonia. If anybody else has done this test what other questions/experiments will come up in this paper?

I remember when I did this one, I got something like 2/10 because didn't write enough information to get the marks, luckily I got 10/10 in the other two :smile: You should do fine in this one, just remember to observe the reaction and put as much information as possible! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Apparently theres one particularly hard/unusual question that will come up
Any idea what it is? Also the experiment involve either group 2 or group 7 elements? :smile:
I'm doing my first practical exam on Thursday, its the quatitative one and I've been told it involves making an acid and doing a titration. I only got 7/15 on my practice because my titration was really inaccurate so I'm really worried about the real thing :frown: Does anyone have any tips on how to do good titrations or ideas on what questions may be on the paper I would really appreciate any advice you can give :smile:
Original post by Kawaiizombii
I'm doing my first practical exam on Thursday, its the quatitative one and I've been told it involves making an acid and doing a titration. I only got 7/15 on my practice because my titration was really inaccurate so I'm really worried about the real thing :frown: Does anyone have any tips on how to do good titrations or ideas on what questions may be on the paper I would really appreciate any advice you can give :smile:

Uhm yeh I can remember doing this one :smile: just make sure that all your titre values are within 0.1 cm^3 away from each other before calculating your mean also only quote to two decimal places and your second decimal can only be 0 and 5 (hope that makes sense, so you can have 11.95 or 11.90 but not 11.93 or 11.93 :smile: the actual questions were not that challenging but saying that i dropped two marks somewhere :smile: and be careful with significant figures and your units and you should get 15/15 :smile: btw i got 13/15 in this :frown:
EDIT: from what I can remember they ask for your MEAN titre to ONE decimal place soo be careful with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by That_Clever_Guy
Uhm yeh I can remember doing this one :smile: just make sure that all your titre values are within 0.1 cm^3 away from each other before calculating your mean also only quote to two decimal places and your second decimal can only be 0 and 5 (hope that makes sense, so you can have 11.95 or 11.90 but not 11.93 or 11.93 :smile: the actual questions were not that challenging but saying that i dropped two marks somewhere :smile: and be careful with significant figures and your units and you should get 15/15 :smile: btw i got 13/15 in this :frown:
EDIT: from what I can remember they ask for your MEAN titre to ONE decimal place soo be careful with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou so much, very helpful!
thankyou so much, very helpful!

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think you have a bad result, redo it- you have time, and it's better to be accurate. If you start at 0, make sure you put 0.00 as it MUST be to 2dp, or you lose a mark. Finally, practice doing the relevant calculations, as even if you have the wrong results you should get the marks for these :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need to learn as much of unit 2 as I can from the beginning. What grade can I get if I just use the CGP revision guide?
Reply 172
has anyone got a copy of the jan 2013 F322 paper ? thanks
Original post by furryface12
If you think you have a bad result, redo it- you have time, and it's better to be accurate. If you start at 0, make sure you put 0.00 as it MUST be to 2dp, or you lose a mark. Finally, practice doing the relevant calculations, as even if you have the wrong results you should get the marks for these :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok great, thankyou for your help :smile:
Has anyone done an evaluative on enthalpy of combustion? If not, does anyone have any notes on this because i don't have a textbook :smile:
Reply 175
Anyone has past questions by topics f322? Thx,:smile:....any websites where can find them?
Reply 176
guys, im trying to learn from the book but nothing goes in.

What should i do?
Original post by Joseph-
guys, im trying to learn from the book but nothing goes in.

What should i do?

Try making revision notes or use a revision guide :smile: also make like brainstorms or flash cards or whatever suits you :smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
retaking f322 for the 3rd time -.-
Original post by miiroseh
retaking f322 for the 3rd time -.-

That's similar to me, although mine is the first unit -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending