The Student Room Group

AQA LITB3 Pastoral 6th June

Hi everyone :smile:

Seeing as everyone doing Gothic has got their own thread, thought I'd make one for all of us doing Pastoral to swap notes, essay predictions etc. I think we're in the minority as Gothic is supposed to be much more popular!
Which texts are everyone studying? I'm doing Brideshead Revisited, Post 1945 Poetry, and Songs... by William Blake :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone sitting this exam? Sure there must be some of you lurking... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Butterfly9595
Hi everyone :smile:

Seeing as everyone doing Gothic has got their own thread, thought I'd make one for all of us doing Pastoral to swap notes, essay predictions etc. I think we're in the minority as Gothic is supposed to be much more popular!
Which texts are everyone studying? I'm doing Brideshead Revisited, Post 1945 Poetry, and Songs... by William Blake :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pastoral here! :smile: Doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Blake and Post-45 Poetry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by nespix
Pastoral here! :smile: Doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Blake and Post-45 Poetry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Seems like everyone is doing Gothic! How are you finding all the texts? I reckon Post 1945 poetry is hardest for me, purely on the number of poets to remember!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Team Pastoral over here :tongue:

Doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, As You Like It and post-1945 poetry :smile:
Hi there :smile:

woo for the Pastoral!

Doing Tess, Brideshead and AYLI :smile:

How is everyone revising for this exam?

xx
Reply 6
Original post by iamsherlocked
Hi there :smile:

woo for the Pastoral!

Doing Tess, Brideshead and AYLI :smile:

How is everyone revising for this exam?

xx

Well, I've been trying to learn multipurpose quotations, sticking them around :P haha...doing some model essay responses. Making detailed notes (a mammoth task, haha)

Need to move onto timed papers soon. Yikes.

What about you?
Reply 7
Original post by Butterfly9595
Yay! Seems like everyone is doing Gothic! How are you finding all the texts? I reckon Post 1945 poetry is hardest for me, purely on the number of poets to remember!

Posted from TSR Mobile

At my college we have two classes (pretty small sixth form) one does gothic and the other pastoral, I find just find there's so much AO4 and other philosophical stuff in all of them which is so difficult to get my head round although I actually find post 45 most simple!

I just try and focus on the key themes
e.g. Fern Hill, time, childhood, religion etc and try and learn quotes which incorporate these lots if form and lots of ao3 and tons of criticism!! Also doing essay plans for 1st sect, 2nd sect revising by themes in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Also any good exam tips guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Anyone have any good notes/website links on Norman MacCaig from Post 1945? We've done the Sparrow in class but are just skipping the other two :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Is anybody doing As You Like It as their main text?
Reply 11
Original post by Francis W
Is anybody doing As You Like It as their main text?

Hey, yeah I'm doing AYLI along with Tess and Post 1945 poetry
Does anyone have any notes on Tess of the D, As you Like it or Songs that they'd be willing to share- thanks!!! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by rageagainstessays
Does anyone have any notes on Tess of the D, As you Like it or Songs that they'd be willing to share- thanks!!! :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, how do you make your notes on the texts? Do you pick out key scenes or do it by theme?
Original post by emily1995
Out of curiosity, how do you make your notes on the texts? Do you pick out key scenes or do it by theme?

I personally do my own notes by scene- as in the notes I make outside of class- I have a list of key pastoral concepts in front of me and select quotes and analyse them accordingly.
In class we seem to work by concepts rather than themes, like last lesson was
the concept of duality :smile:
Reply 15

Yeah...although a lot of them! What exactly are you looking for?

EDIT: See one of the convos I had with someone on Tess

Posted from TSR Mobile

EDIT: Why did this get negged!?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nespix
Yeah...although a lot of them! What exactly are you looking for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally everything! none of my notes make sense any more :frown:
Reply 17
Eek. I have some mindmaps I've made for Tess but they're mainly centred around quotes and A02. Willing to share (although not entirely sure how to send them)
Original post by emily1995
Eek. I have some mindmaps I've made for Tess but they're mainly centred around quotes and A02. Willing to share (although not entirely sure how to send them)

I'll PM you my email- I can send back an as you like it flow chart of events if that would help?
Reply 19
Literally everything! none of my notes make sense any more :frown:

Woah ok! Feel very bad for you although I don't know where to start! Mine don't particularly make sense on their own but when I read them they tend to just instigate ideas and my own opinions and I just revise based on those!

Here is what my teacher has advised. Basically every lesson we do an in depth detailed analysis of relevant passages. We cover AO2, AO3 and AO4. He said we should pick 6-7 passages around a page or so long, possibly two and REALLY get to know them and learn the quotes and extra ones which are critical e.g. 'psychological phenomena'.

I'm not sure which passages exactly I'm going to pick yet but probably ones which encompass many critical themes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending