The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollywoodbudgie
London :smile:

Hopefully I'll be starting my masters in September :excited:

Ah cool :smile: Woww your masters? You must be a clever clogs, what subject is your masters gonna be on?
Reply 2601
Original post by Ilovechocolate09
Out of interest, whereabouts in the UK do you guys live? And is anyone starting uni in Sept? :smile:

I live in France and will start uni in Sept!
Original post by Egos
I live in France and will start uni in Sept!

:O france? Im jealous :P Have you lived there your whole life? What are you studying in Sept? (:
Reply 2603
:O france? Im jealous :P Have you lived there your whole life? What are you studying in Sept? (:

No, I haven't. Ive been living here for three years.
I am going to (hopefully) study dentistry at Plymouth. :smile: How about you?
:O france? Im jealous :P

What's there to be jealous of? It's a dump.
Reply 2605
Original post by RamocitoMorales
What's there to be jealous of? It's a dump.

Yes. It in fact is a dump. **** everywhere...
Just a general question about Turkey - is donner big over there? I mean, we have a lot of takeaways/kebab houses in the UK, how 'authentic' are they compared to the ones in Turkey?

Edit: what about kofte?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Just a general question about Turkey - is donner big over there?

Not as big as it is here.

Bude8
I mean, we have a lot of takeaways/kebab houses in the UK, how 'authentic' are they compared to the ones in Turkey?

Kebabs are something that Turkish immigrants have picked up on as being popular in 'the west'. For a true taste of Turkey you'd be better of going to a fully fledged Turkish restuarant which will give you more of an idea of just how vast and varied the Turkish cuisine is.

Bude8
Edit: what about kofte?

Depends on the region. But generally speaking, yes, it is a fairly popular dish.
Original post by Egos
Yes. It in fact is a dump. **** everywhere...

Lol seriously? There must be some nice bits. I've never actually been to France but I just assume its better than here
Hey Guys!!!

I have a question that needs answering and would love if you could help out.

I am currently an undergraduate studying History in Lahore, Pakistan and aspire to become a historian of the Ottoman Empire which requires extensive language training at Grad school (both Modern and Ottoman Turkish).

My question is, how hard is learning Turkish? Given that I speak Urdu (which is not a Turkic language but influenced by it).
Original post by The Owl of Minerva
My question is, how hard is learning Turkish? Given that I speak Urdu (which is not a Turkic language but influenced by it).

Well, they say it's the most 'logical' language in that there are few inconsistencies. But you have to get used to the Turkic language structure which is completely different.
Reply 2611
Well, they say it's the most 'logical' language in that there are few inconsistencies. But you have to get used to the Turkic language structure which is completely different.

I agree.
Ah cool :smile: Woww your masters? You must be a clever clogs, what subject is your masters gonna be on?

:nah: It's not that hard to do a masters, because masters are just cash cows there to generate large profits for universities.

I've applied for quite a few, but it's mostly just immunology and cellular pathology :smile:

Will I be able to get to grips with it though after two years or more? If i study really hard that is.
Reply 2614
Original post by The Owl of Minerva
Will I be able to get to grips with it though after two years or more? If i study really hard that is.

Easily.
Original post by Akkuz
Easily.

Well, we can't be naive by underestimating it, but it's possible.
Congratulations Fenerbahçe!

But I suppose no one here cares. :dontknow:
Reply 2617

I do! I thought it was a great victory. To be honest, after seeing how Fenerbahçe played last night I think they deserve the title. They missed so many opportunities. They didn't miss them, though. The woodwork did not let the ball in. Fenerbahçe could have easily scored at least three more goals. Anyway, they still won so its better than nothing.
(edited 11 years ago)

When/why did you become Fenerli anyway? :holmes:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
When/why did you become Fenerli anyway? :holmes:

Galatasaray had my support against Real Madrid.

Quick Reply

Latest