The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
high five ... I loved English last year then my teacher left now I have a **** one and I hate English -.-

:five:
Two Years of English has taught me it is "I have written" and everyone saying "I wrote" are wrong.
Reply 7882
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You'll be fine :yy:

How many graphs are you doing? Or how many do you think I need to get at least a B on it?
Reply 7883
Original post by justinawe
I know what you mean here, my interest in many subjects has been destroyed by exams :rolleyes:

It's such a shame tbh. Last year I LOVED english... My teacher had a passion for it, she challenged us and really it was amazing. This year... A new teacher talks about herself all lesson. I'm not even making this up "oh girls, remember when you open your results to thank me! I stress so much for you! Say thank you to me. Buy me gifts. Im a great teacher".... She's taught us nothing... We self teach in class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
It's such a shame tbh. Last year I LOVED english... My teacher had a passion for it, she challenged us and really it was amazing. This year... A new teacher talks about herself all lesson. I'm not even making this up "oh girls, remember when you open your results to thank me! I stress so much for you! Say thank you to me. Buy me gifts. Im a great teacher".... She's taught us nothing... We self teach in class.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: Maybe that was her idea of a joke?

I don't really recall ever learning anything of note in any English class... pretty much all I know came from either reading or my mum (who's a former english teacher / writer).
LOL that's be even weirder :colone: I had a look at your GCSEs and they don't teach Spanish or Sociology at my school...but imagine if...:K:
Reply 7886
Original post by JustaDreamer
LOL that's be even weirder :colone: I had a look at your GCSEs and they don't teach Spanish or Sociology at my school...but imagine if...:K:

Hahaha every school must have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Top Gear appreciation Post :biggrin:
Reply 7888

I don't really recall ever learning anything of note in any English class... pretty much all I know came from either reading or my mum (who's a former english teacher / writer).

You can tell she's not joking. Loool she talks about her designer clothes and holidays every lesson. Hahaha she took all the credit for our exam results even though she did nothing. :/ the audacity of some people. Hilarious. She's one to meet. Lol

And wow! You're lucky to have her as your mum! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gomg
How many graphs are you doing? Or how many do you think I need to get at least a B on it?

I'm doing about... 4? :tongue:
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher just chucks a bunch of questions at us, rarely marks our books, and probably the most irritating thing about a teacher...NEVER GIVING A DIRECT ANSWER. :facepalm:
Original post by JustaDreamer
:console:

Very nice, I got 9/10, 19/20 and getting final X/20 on monday :smile:, my friend got the same and he had his final marked and got 19/20 again and I put tons more effort, hopefully I got 20/20 but I don't want to say that I did more because maybe he spent all night on it. Good work, good luck :smile:.

SO LUCKY :sadnod:
Reply 7893
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm doing about... 4? :tongue:

some year 9 kids in my school have done like 10 amg
Thank you and good luck to you too! :smile: (For Xmarkstheh0t...urgh technology sometimes)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jina
You can tell she's not joking. Loool she talks about her designer clothes and holidays every lesson. Hahaha she took all the credit for our exam results even though she did nothing. :/ the audacity of some people. Hilarious. She's one to meet. Lol

And wow! You're lucky to have her as your mum! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes, I sure am! She's actually working on her first proper novel in her spare time, asks me to proofread/critique it sometimes. I think it's pretty good, hopefully she can get it published and it'll be a success.
Reply 7896
Oh yes, I sure am! She's actually working on her first proper novel in her spare time, asks me to proofread/critique it sometimes. I think it's pretty good, hopefully she can get it published and it'll be a success.

Ahhh... You're making me jealous! I could talk about books all day... English Lit a level would take that away lol. I wish your mother the very best of luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an A* in this French reading exam I just did :woo:

What's it about?
Original post by Jina
Ahhh... You're making me jealous! I could talk about books all day... English Lit a level would take that away lol. I wish your mother the very best of luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, English Lit A-level... iirc, only one person in my college got an A for the first Lit exam this January.

Thanks! She seems to think I'd make a good writer for some reason :rolleyes: I can only ever come up with stories when I absolutely have to, like during an exam. Otherwise I just cba really. I'm much more of a maths/physics person, I guess :tongue:

Latest