The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by akd*
I've just firmed for Sociology & Social Policy - any others out there? :smile: I'll be 18 by September and am Scottish - about an hour or so from Stirling. Looking forward to booking my accommodation now!

AKD your first choice by any chance? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 121
Original post by american_rachel
AKD your first choice by any chance? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You never know! I'm still deciding and waiting on my confirmation before I can book (I think that's right anyway?) Or I could go for ASH since my name is Ashley! Maybe the whole initials thing could work in my favour? :wink:
Original post by akd*
You never know! I'm still deciding and waiting on my confirmation before I can book (I think that's right anyway?) Or I could go for ASH since my name is Ashley! Maybe the whole initials thing could work in my favour? :wink:

oh that would make sense! ahah but I guess either would be good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hollie.w
It was yeah but would be better to try the hall though, be nearer everyone else. Excited too, just feels quite a long time away..though it'll probably go so fast! Do you know anyone else going to Stirling? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it will be easier to get know people. 4 months... Ugh! You're right though! I'm sure it'll come round soon enough :smile: No, I'm afraid not. Most of my friends are either going to College or away up towards the north. What about you?
Reply 124
Original post by Naturally707
Yeah, it will be easier to get know people. 4 months... Ugh! You're right though! I'm sure it'll come round soon enough :smile: No, I'm afraid not. Most of my friends are either going to College or away up towards the north. What about you?

I'm the same, friends are going to college or staying to go to university in Glasgow - I wanted to go away from home haha whereabouts are you from? (: I think that's what I'm most nervous about..going up and knowing noone..will be great though to meet some new interesting people hopefully (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm the same, friends are going to college or staying to go to university in Glasgow - I wanted to go away from home haha whereabouts are you from? (: I think that's what I'm most nervous about..going up and knowing noone..will be great though to meet some new interesting people hopefully (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! As much as I love my family I had to get out! :tongue: Haha! Just outside Edinburgh (East Calder to be very specific). What about you? Yeah, I totally agree! No doubt I'll have butterflies in my stomach on the first day hah. Do you know the day we move in to ASH?
Hey guys! I just firmed Stirling for English Studies and Professional Education - can't wait to come over. I'm 18 and from Northern Ireland! Is there anyone else doing this course?? :smile:
Reply 127
oh that would make sense! ahah but I guess either would be good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely, I'm really looking forward to it! What will you be studying? I'm new to TSR so not really sure what I'm doing haha! :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by Naturally707
Same! As much as I love my family I had to get out! :tongue: Haha! Just outside Edinburgh (East Calder to be very specific). What about you? Yeah, I totally agree! No doubt I'll have butterflies in my stomach on the first day hah. Do you know the day we move in to ASH?

I'm just outside Glasgow in Cambuslang. I'm not sure of the exact day..the commencement day says 7th September so I'm not sure if that means you can move in after that date or if your allowed to before. When does your course start?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lindsay.Brown
Hey guys! I just firmed Stirling for English Studies and Professional Education - can't wait to come over. I'm 18 and from Northern Ireland! Is there anyone else doing this course?? :smile:

Hi I'm doing English Studies and Professional Education too, I'm 23 and stay 10 mins bus journey from the university so I will be commuting.

What aspect of the course are you looking forward to?
I'm just outside Glasgow in Cambuslang. I'm not sure of the exact day..the commencement day says 7th September so I'm not sure if that means you can move in after that date or if your allowed to before. When does your course start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right I see! I believe my course starts on the 14th of September. Any idea when yours does? Any idea what you want to do with your degree? :smile:
Original post by akd*
Yeah definitely, I'm really looking forward to it! What will you be studying? I'm new to TSR so not really sure what I'm doing haha! :smile:

Marine Biology, you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

we move in on that date. it's the same for AKD. you can arrive from 10.00am that day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
we move in on that date. it's the same for AKD. you can arrive from 10.00am that day :smile:

Ah okay thanks (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed place at Stirling for Computing Science :biggrin:. Looking forward to September now that I know it's for certain.
Reply 135
Marine Biology, you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds great! Sociology & Social Policy :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting at Stirling! How long did it take to get your confirmation email/letter (not sure what to expect!) once you accepted your offer? :confused:
Original post by akd*
Sounds great! Sociology & Social Policy :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting at Stirling! How long did it take to get your confirmation email/letter (not sure what to expect!) once you accepted your offer? :confused:

less than a week I'd say :smile: & sounds good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!! please opinion about the ASH! It was not my first choice and to be honest Ido not really like it from the photos that I have seen on the internet! by the way what happened with the willow court?it was full in 2 weeks!?
Original post by nicholas000
Hi guys!! please opinion about the ASH! It was not my first choice and to be honest Ido not really like it from the photos that I have seen on the internet! by the way what happened with the willow court?it was full in 2 weeks!?

Willow Court filled up, that's the way things went.

As you'll know, ASH is the only other place you'll get an ensuite. It is no where near as nice as Willow Court but it is nice enough. I don't think it is worth the extra money compared to flats but its up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
less than a week I'd say :smile: & sounds good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Got it this morning after accepting on Friday - exciting! Now to wait 24hrs before activation...

Quick Reply

Latest