The Student Room Group

Advanced notice paper F332 OCR SALTERS B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by StephenNaulls
Yes, but I got taught that two lone pairs = bent, 1 lone pair = pyramidal, no lone pairs = tetrahedral... I know that's for 4 areas of electron density, and ozone is triatomic like you say, so surely it wouldn't be bent- it'd be something different that applies to 3 areas of electron density.

I see what you mean. What do you think it should be?
Reply 61
Original post by super121

I'd say it's bent purely because in the advanced notice it says it has a similar shape to a molecule of water so I'm assuming that it's somehow because of the double bond between 2 of the Os... that's as far as I've got though:s-smilie:
Reply 62
Original post by ejoakham
I'd say it's bent purely because in the advanced notice it says it has a similar shape to a molecule of water so I'm assuming that it's somehow because of the double bond between 2 of the Os... that's as far as I've got though:s-smilie:

It is bent :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by lilGem
We were given some exam style questions on the advance notice:

and here are the answers
Hope this helps anyone :smile:

thanks, you just made my revision much easier!:biggrin::ahee::banana2::badger:
Reply 64
We haven't gone through the pre-release yet... we haven't even finished polymer revolution. Does anyone else have difficulty completing a WHOLE past paper due to the fact they haven't had the chance to study the pre-release for that specific paper. It's really putting me off revising :frown:

Same here! i feel so lost and i also don't think my chemistry teacher will go through advance notice either:s-smilie:
Reply 65
Yes, but I got taught that two lone pairs = bent, 1 lone pair = pyramidal, no lone pairs = tetrahedral... I know that's for 4 areas of electron density, and ozone is triatomic like you say, so surely it wouldn't be bent- it'd be something different that applies to 3 areas of electron density.

If there are three regions of electron density around the central atom and one of those regions is a lone pair, you get a bent shape. :yep:
Reply 66
does anyone also make notes/ annotate for advance notice? and if they do, could you please share with me because i feel like highlighting everything right now and i'm a bit stuck :colondollar:
Reply 67
Original post by Hilz14
thanks, you just made my revision much easier!:biggrin::ahee::banana2::badger:

It's okay :h:

we have summary sheets for each topic but the files are too big to upload :sad:
Reply 68
Original post by super121

Apparently it is bent! I didn't get taught what happens with three areas of electron density and a double bond, but apparently that corresponds to a bent shape. Sorry if I confused you, but what I was saying seemed to make sense to me at first!

Original post by Hilz14
Same here! i feel so lost and i also don't think my chemistry teacher will go through advance notice either:s-smilie:

It says on the front that we should be issued it at least 4 weeks before, so I suppose we should give them a little more time!
Original post by Hilz14

SAME! :mad: We have finished all of our lessons completely but our teachers have failed to even mention reflux and have not gone through the pre-relesae! Whaaa!?:confused:

If anyone would like to explain to me about what refulx is and where we use, that would be really helpful ?? :smile:
Original post by madrevision
I uploaded that, it's homework for easter so I should have the answers by Friday, I will upload the answers ASAP after I get them :biggrin:

Hey :smile: Thank you so much for uploading them; they're super helpful! Could you maybe upload them sorta soonish please?? (and sorry if I'm just being thick and not seeing them if you have already :P)
Reply 71
Original post by heyimaturtle
SAME! :mad: We have finished all of our lessons completely but our teachers have failed to even mention reflux and have not gone through the pre-relesae! Whaaa!?:confused:

If anyone would like to explain to me about what refulx is and where we use, that would be really helpful ?? :smile:

Its literally just heating with a condenser on so volatile reactants won't be lost
Reply 72

YUPPP same here! i dont even know how my teacher expects good grades tbh:frown:

if you've got a cgp chemistry book read that because it really explains it well. but anyway, it is heating volatile reactants in a vertical pear shaped flask with a condenser so they do not escape. it is also a very slow process. anti bumping granules are in there to let the mixture boil smoothly and prevent shaking.:wink:
Reply 73
Original post by Hilz14
YUPPP same here! i dont even know how my teacher expects good grades tbh:frown:

if you've got a cgp chemistry book read that because it really explains it well. but anyway, it is heating volatile reactants in a vertical pear shaped flask with a condenser so they do not escape. it is also a very slow process. anti bumping granules are in there to let the mixture boil smoothly and prevent shaking.:wink:

Also no refux for me:lolwut:. What is it about Chemistry teachers that decide to leave gaps in our knowledge when sending us into our exam?:eek:
Reply 74
Original post by cheetahs56
Also no refux for me:lolwut:. What is it about Chemistry teachers that decide to leave gaps in our knowledge when sending us into our exam?:eek:

We've missed out quite a bit too, thank goodness for 'Niel's notes'
Reply 75
Original post by lilGem
We've missed out quite a bit too, thank goodness for 'Niel's notes'

Neil's notes?:tongue:
Reply 76
Original post by cheetahs56
Neil's notes?:tongue:

Notes that a member of staff at my college made, covers everything with diagrams etc

the files are too big to upload though :frown:
Hey :smile: Thank you so much for uploading them; they're super helpful! Could you maybe upload them sorta soonish please?? (and sorry if I'm just being thick and not seeing them if you have already :P)
My teacher did not hand out a mark scheme because it was more beneficial to go through it with the whole class than just give us a bit of paper. The problem right now is that I don't have my chemistry folder it's in my locker in college so.... Monday ???? is there a particular question you want answers for ?
Reply 78
Original post by lilGem
Notes that a member of staff at my college made, covers everything with diagrams etc

the files are too big to upload though :frown:

would you not be able to copy and paste them on word and basically separate them into say 3 word documents?
Reply 79
So does anyone else find this advance notice for us extremely boring :frown: ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending