The Student Room Group

Advanced notice paper F332 OCR SALTERS B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by krisshP
So does anyone else find this advance notice for us extremely boring :frown: ?

Haha, yes:tongue:. Last years June wasn't that bad tbh, this year it's very wordy and dull.
Reply 81
Original post by lilGem
Notes that a member of staff at my college made, covers everything with diagrams etc

the files are too big to upload though :frown:

Just seen this message now:colondollar:.

Oh, sounds good:tongue:. No problem, our school got a big question sheet of advance notice potential questions which they stole off of the grammar school:biggrin::ninja:
Reply 82
Original post by cheetahs56

Oh, sounds good:tongue:. No problem, our school got a big question sheet of advance notice potential questions which they stole off of the grammar school:biggrin::ninja:

haha it's okay :h:

We had a question pack which I posted earlier, but I'm feeling a lot happier about this paper now :smile:
Reply 83

Would you mind posting these please? :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by nukethemaly
Would you mind posting these please? :biggrin:

How do you attach pics on mobile?:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
How do you attach pics on mobile?:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha, do you not have access to a computer?
Reply 86
Hahaha, do you not have access to a computer?

Hahaha, i do..... But it's upstairs and i'm supposed to be revising C2:colondollar:. I will do it tomorrow:biggrin:
Reply 87
Hahaha, i do..... But it's upstairs and i'm supposed to be revising C2:colondollar:. I will do it tomorrow:biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:

I'll make sure to remind you :wink:
Reply 88
Thank you! :smile:

I'll make sure to remind you :wink:

Hahaha, cheers:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89

your friendly timely reminder that you're supposed to share the notes :biggrin:
Reply 90
your friendly timely reminder that you're supposed to share the notes :biggrin:

:ninja:...... In all serious i've lost my notes for the last 2 weeks:frown:. I need to find them, i'll upload them when I do but I have C1 tomorrow so gonna revise that now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by madrevision
I uploaded that, it's homework for easter so I should have the answers by Friday, I will upload the answers ASAP after I get them :biggrin:

Hey, thanks for the resources. The questions seem interesting but I was wondering whether you still have the answers for them? If you do, could you please upload them? Thanks, much appreciated.
see updated post
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 93
I did not receive a mark scheme for this so These are mostly my own answers so if anyone wants to add or correct something do let me know.
1a) Burning of wood for fuel ; burning of coal;<br />1b) cause acid rain; respiratory problems; photochemical smog<br />2) [310-285] / 285 Ans X 100 = 8.8%<br />3a) Three way catalyst<br />3b) UV/visible from the sun is absorbed by the earth/ heats the earth; Hot earth emits/ radiates infrared radiation; O3 absorbs IR - bonds vibrate more vigorously; Emitting IR in all directions ; collisons with O2/N2 spread energy; less IR escapes into space;<br />4) less IR escapes into space so earth warms up more than usual- greenhouse effect ?...<br />5i) Nitrogen and Oxygen<br />5ii)nitrogen monoxide[combustion of N2 in air by vehicle engine heat] <br />NH3 [ manufacture and use of fertilizers]<br /> NOx [N2 and O2 from air --> 2NO from high engine temperatures.<br />5iii) I'm not sure but I put :Nox are very reactive at high temperatures; and react with oxygen from ozone; ozone acts as homogeneous catalyst; this leads to ozone depletion; the high frequency UV radiation at the earth's surface exceeds the high bond enthalpy of the; Covalent bonds in N2O<br />6i) from the sun - UV on the electromagnetic spectrum<br />6ii) covalent bonds in O3 vibrate and IDK about the second mark :colondollar:<br />7i)they're polar; leading to attraction between molecules; with Nitrogen bonded to a hydrogen from the other molecule<br />7ii) make sure bonds are straight.. erm yh<br />8a)Nitrogen 78% , Oxygen 21% and Argon 1%<br />8b)0.003/10^6 X 100 same as 0.003/10000=3x10^7 %<br />9)Very hard btw 99.9999 is N2 so 0.0001% not N2 X 0.99= 9.9x10^-5 x 10000= 0.99ppm<br />10) the activation enthalpy is very high so few particles have / exceed this at low temperatures (first 100km)<br />no dot cross mistake question.. dative bond- the shared pair of electrons comes from one atom.<br />12) N2= 0 , NO2=+4 , HNO3=+5 , NO= +2 , NH3= -3.<br />13a) nitrogen monoxide/ nitrogen(II) oxide.<br />13b) nitrogen dioxide/ nitrogen (IV) oxide.<br /> carbon in the middle of NH2 groups; C=O.<br />14) I can't remember.<br />15) Nitrogen oxidation state increases from -3 to +3. Reduced- Oxygen oxidation state decreases from 0 to -2.<br />16) From photochemical smog.<br />17) It's bent/ V shaped; 3 areas of electron density; electron areas repel as far apart as possible; creating a bond angle of 120.<br />18)?.......<br />19) anyone...?<br />20) not sure but I put: provides the temperature and high frequency; require to break the triple N-N bond; leaving N atoms free to react with Oxygen.<br />I got: N2O gas from fertilized soils when land is ploughed up; NO2 and NO from the combustion of hydrocarbon fuels and N2 and O2 from air react; NO is a toxic gas; that aggravates respiratory problems e.g asthma; NO2 contributes to acid rain; which kills/damages plants; 3 way catalytic converters; can be used to convert NO to NO2 and NO2 to N2 and O2 which are harmless gases;<br /> 22) outer shell electrons and don't forget dative bond in N2O and lone pairs. Hope this helped.:smile:

woah so many codes and stuff there
woah so many codes and stuff there
:colondollar:I was trying to write separate line as in paragraphs, do you know how to do that so that I can edit it lol
Reply 95
Just been through the advanced notice with my teacher today. :banana:

He's almost certain we will get a question on the 'diurnal cycles of gases in the atmosphere.' Basically, early in the day NO/NO2 increases due to rush hour and the resulting combustion of fossil fuels in car engines. These can be photo dissociated by the sun and produce oxygen radicals, which then react with oxygen molecules to form ozone. Therefore, shortly afterwards the ozone concentration in the atmosphere increases, alongside the increase in PANS. this is the chemistry involved in a photochemical smog- I'm guessing 'photo' is because it's initiated by the photodissocation by light to form radicals? :confused:

I believe that is an explanation of the diurnal cycles if it comes up. I'll clarify it with him tomorrow as I'm not certain, I forgot to take notes :biggrin: Probably worth revising though as it could lead to radical substitution questions. He also thinks we'll get oxidations states of sulphur in each of the compounds in that box. :smile:
Original post by StephenNaulls
Just been through the advanced notice with my teacher today. :banana:

I believe that is an explanation of the diurnal cycles if it comes up. I'll clarify it with him tomorrow as I'm not certain, I forgot to take notes :biggrin: Probably worth revising though as it could lead to radical substitution questions. He also thinks we'll get oxidations states of sulphur in each of the compounds in that box. :smile:
how do you do paragraphs lol I just failed miserably :colondollar:
Reply 97
:colondollar:I was trying to write separate line as in paragraphs, do you know how to do that so that I can edit it lol

Erm...press the enter button twice... :tongue: HTML doesn't work on here.
Original post by usycool1
Erm...press the enter button twice... :tongue: HTML doesn't work on here.

yh that's not working either ..
Reply 99
how do you do paragraphs lol I just failed miserably :colondollar:

I just pressed enter on my keyboard twice... :badger:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending