The Student Room Group

OCR Physics G494 June 2013

Hi,
I could not find an thread on this exam. I was just wondering how everyone's revision is going? :smile: Not looking forward to this resit, really need to do well.
Original post by firebolt
Hi,
I could not find an thread on this exam. I was just wondering how everyone's revision is going? :smile: Not looking forward to this resit, really need to do well.

Hi, I am fairly certain that I have interacted with you before ; I became quite heavily involved in the G491 and G492 threads last summer with previous accounts (my username will hopefully become correct after results day!); more importantly I was the guy who hosted the big document on the pre-release article for G492.

Unlike AS, I didn't work well for the A2 Jan exams and got a C in G494, I was doomed without even considering that the paper was very hard!
I need an A in Physics, so will be retaking G494, and am sitting G495.

I'm cutting it close with exam prep; luckily for G494 my notes are mostly good, just one or two gaps, I mostly lacked question preparation.
I need to make lots more notes for G495 (seems like an easier unit to me!)

I will be participating in the G494 and G495 threads from now; I think being a part of them helps me to work hard :smile:

I am going to set up a pre-release article thread in a few days time, and hope to construct an analysis document in a week or two :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by DurhamChemist
Hi, I am fairly certain that I have interacted with you before ; I became quite heavily involved in the G491 and G492 threads last summer with previous accounts (my username will hopefully become correct after results day!); more importantly I was the guy who hosted the big document on the pre-release article for G492.

Unlike AS, I didn't work well for the A2 Jan exams and got a C in G494, I was doomed without even considering that the paper was very hard!

I'm cutting it close with exam prep; luckily for G494 my notes are mostly good, just one or two gaps, I mostly lacked question preparation.

I will be participating in the G494 and G495 threads from now; I think being a part of them helps me to work hard :smile:

I am going to set up a pre-release article thread in a few days time, and hope to construct an analysis document in a week or two :smile:

Yay finally not the only one! I got a B but it was borderline C and I need an A too so am resitting it. I think my problem was answering the questions as I got my paper back and it was all stupid things where I lot marks because I didn't word my answer correctly even though I knew what I was talking about. I've got "The New World of Mr Tompkins" out of my college library in an effort to help me understand, as my teacher keeps giving us sections of it.
Reply 3
Hi,

Original post by DurhamChemist

We need to get this thread a bit more lively!
I don't suppose either of you have the January 2013 G494 paper?
Reply 5
Original post by ninuzu
We need to get this thread a bit more lively!
I don't suppose either of you have the January 2013 G494 paper?

Hi, This thread has more resources on it.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2336228
I have attached a copy of the paper though for you.
Reply 6
Hi, This thread has more resources on it.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2336228
I have attached a copy of the paper though for you.

Thanks, I found the paper and mark scheme now anyway :smile:
I'll put them on the other thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending