The Student Room Group

A* for Maths

Hi all!

Say if you got 239 out 240 UMS in your Maths AS-Level, which mean you get a B. And then you get 481, overall in A2-level maths ( you get 90UMS in C3 and C4), and you get 61 UMS in S1 - do you get an A* overall (even though you got a B in AS??

thanks.
Reply 1
Yes, it's just very unlikely to happen.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes you do.
Reply 3
Provided that your total UMS for both AS and A2 is above 480 and at least 180 of that comes from C3 and C4 you will get an A*. It does not matter what your AS grades are.
Reply 4
Yes, but don't aim to get 'just' a B at AS. You won't get predicted A*.
Reply 5
Original post by Lunch_Box
Yes, but don't aim to get 'just' a B at AS. You won't get predicted A*.

Well predictions don't really matter to me - I am doing AS maths a year early, so I just wanted to know for sure.
Reply 6
Original post by Noble.
Yes, it's just very unlikely to happen.

Why is unlikely?
Reply 7
Original post by park1996
Why is unlikely?

Someone who struggles to get an A in AS Maths with C1 and C2 is unlikely to do be then getting 90+ UMS in C3 and C4.
Reply 8
Original post by Noble.
Someone who struggles to get an A in AS Maths with C1 and C2 is unlikely to do be then getting 90+ UMS in C3 and C4.

Completely agree, even if you don't try hard or revise, you should still be getting at least a B and probably an A in C1/2 if you realistically want to get an A* in Maths
Reply 9
How is 239 out of 240 a B?
Why does everyone ask this same question when they already know the answer. ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by cooldudeman
Why does everyone ask this same question when they already know the answer. ...

Anxiety/bargaining :tongue:
Reply 12
Original post by Noble.

Yes, that is true, but if you do really well in C1 and C2, but find M1 tricky, then it could be likely.
The reason why I am asking this, is because I got 100 UMS in both C1 and C2, however I really struggled with M1 last monday, so I just wanted to work out if I still have a chance of getting A*
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest