The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam277
Said this yesterday. Done pretty well. Our scouting team has definitely improved the past year. I don't think mourinho will be in a job tomorrow. Nor does he care. :lol:

Mourinho flopped at Madrid tbh. There I said it. Knowing him he'll join Chelsea, recall Courtois and make him no1, and then buy Falcao & Ronaldo. Perfect way to silence his doubters
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Mourinho flopped at Madrid tbh. There I said it. Knowing him he'll join Chelsea, recall Courtois and make him no1, and then buy Falcao & Ronaldo. Perfect way to silence his doubters

Yikes that would be absolutely terrifying.
Reply 2662
Original post by Zürich
hes made such a mess of things though. rep has taken a hammering tbh.

Yeah, tbh the real madrid job is the hardest job in world football. I'd say bayern but they're miles ahead of everyone so will win the league almost every season.
Although he sounded bitter doing this he named every single manager since heynckes. :lol: he's clearly been trying to get himself sacked, while it's pretty unclassy I think that job is stressful as hell. It's funny how he completely got the better of barca this season and this has been his worst season at the club.
Reply 2663

Would be so jokes. Basically recall a bunch of madrid players who were previously brawling with each other a few months ago. At least he'll make our team better in the CL. We'll be joint favourites for the CL next season I feel if he comes and makes a big signing.
Reply 2664
I don't think his heart was in it tbh. The expectations were just so much higher. He was loved at all his previous clubs but pretty much despised at Real, and that makes a huge difference. (Yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy in that statement given the Rafa situation :tongue:)
Original post by Nickini
I don't think his heart was in it tbh. The expectations were just so much higher. He was loved at all his previous clubs but pretty much despised at Real, and that makes a huge difference. (Yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy in that statement given the Rafa situation :tongue:)

Mourinho trolling RM for a 20m payout before taking an even better paid Chelsea job. Guy's rinsing this football management game man
Reply 2666
Original post by Nickini

Not even hypocritical. Rafa did it to win trophies and get another job, so he had incentive to do well and focus at chelsea, mourinho is highly regarded, knows he will get a job no matter what at a top club and bar madrid is loved by all the fans, the chairmans and everyone else at the club.

He's not even that much of a flop tbh. 3 semi finals of the CL, a record league title, a copa del rey. Fine he hasn't won the CL but that's the only thing that has eluded him at his time at the club. Funnily enough he won the CL with his 2 weakest clubs he managed in that competition.
Think Madrid put too much focus on "La Decima" basically took over them and put too much pressure.
hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng. Schmeichel-esque
Reply 2669
Original post by Zürich
Mourinho trolling RM for a 20m payout before taking an even better paid Chelsea job. Guy's rinsing this football management game man

Tbh real deserve it. Every single season there has been a fallout with mourinho, he's been hammered by the spanish press since day 1 because of his bad blood with barca and his controversy. It's why he makes the whole 'he wants to be somewhere he's loved' while whiny he's got a point. He's absolutely hated in spain and if they could they'd exile him forever.

Can't wait to face madrid in the CL next season. :lol:
Real Madrid on Twitter: Mourinho:

"This was the worst season of my career. I don't think Atletico deserve to be champions but they won the title. We had two clear chances on goal, we hit the post 3 times… this is why I think it is unfair."

"This year's campaign was a failure but my first two seasons were successful. I have a contract that is valid for three more years. I still haven't talked to the president about my future."
Reply 2671
Original post by jam277
Not even hypocritical. Rafa did it to win trophies and get another job, so he had incentive to do well and focus at chelsea, mourinho is highly regarded, knows he will get a job no matter what at a top club and bar madrid is loved by all the fans, the chairmans and everyone else at the club.

He's not even that much of a flop tbh. 3 semi finals of the CL, a record league title, a copa del rey. Fine he hasn't won the CL but that's the only thing that has eluded him at his time at the club. Funnily enough he won the CL with his 2 weakest clubs he managed in that competition.
Yeah true. But support from the fans obviously makes a huge difference for the manager.

He's only considered a flop because so much was expected of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATp7H0dRc6g

Rough translation:
But, the 3 Champions semi-finals, that, for me personally, don't feed my ego, neither leave me satisfied, may that be very clear, but it must not be easy, and I will explain you why it must not be easy. Because John Toshack, Di Stefano, Antic, Beenhakker, Benito Floro, Arsenio, Fabio Capello, Heynckes, Hiddink, Del Bosque, Queiroz, Camacho, Garcia Remón, Vanderlei Luxemburgo, López Caro, Fabio Capello again, Juande Ramos, Schuster, and Pellegrini, 18 managers in 21 years, 5 Champions semi-finals. The good-for-nothing Mourinho, 3 years, 3 Champions semi-finals.
Reply 2672
Original post by Nickini
Yeah true. But support from the fans obviously makes a huge difference for the manager.

He's only considered a flop because so much was expected of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATp7H0dRc6g

Rough translation:

Exactly. Simple as I don't get how a guy who has the la liga record wins is a flop.
Ridiculous. Flopped to his own expectations, but not to the level of any normal manager at madrid. If this was any other manager no one would complain and say he's a flop. It's ridiculous to say he's a flop. While a terrible season, 2nd in the league, CL semi final, copa del rey final. I don't think it's that bad as people make it out to be.

I think it's mainly because mourinho's bravado usually turns out for the best, the first time in his career where his acheivements(while still good tbh) haven't matched his bravado he's been criticized absolutely heavily for it.
According to some media outlets, Mourinho left the stadium when he was sent off.

Must be trying to get himself sacked.
Reply 2674
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
According to some media outlets, Mourinho left the stadium when he was sent off.

Must be trying to get himself sacked.

Lol, I don't know how much more untenable he can possibly make his position. He's got himself sent off, benches the captain, basically slags off his player in public. He doesn't want to be there, but I think perez likes him. Mourinho is probably rubbing his hands at the 20 million pound pay off.

Tbh if I was hated by a whole country and people complain about my job when I have been doing fairly well I'd do the same thing.
Original post by jam277
Lol, I don't know how much more untenable he can possibly make his position. He's got himself sent off, benches the captain, basically slags off his player in public. He doesn't want to be there, but I think perez likes him. Mourinho is probably rubbing his hands at the 20 million pound pay off.

Tbh if I was hated by a whole country and people complain about my job when I have been doing fairly well I'd do the same thing.

Madrid won't pay him 20mil.

All they need to do is appoint a new manager and leave Mourinho on gardening leave. If he takes up a new job, he's not entitled to his contractual entitlement of the remainder of his contract.

If he's stubborn, he might spend a season on the beach taking Madrid's money, but he won't stay out of a job any longer.
Anyone else think Mou's getting a bit more senile and cranky these days :erm:
Reply 2677
Original post by Isometrix
Anyone else think Mou's getting a bit more senile and cranky these days :erm:

Tbh the madrid job is pretty stressful. Plus he's usually pissy when he doesn't win. Completely fits real madrid tbh considering the way they act when they're not winning a match.
Adidas did a great little thing for Lampard the other day.

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjRpfz8-fdQ
It's amazing how I can dislike Chelsea so much and yet Lampard seems like one of the nicest, most down to earth guys you'll ever meet. He's a contrast to Terry and Cole!

Latest