The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

right ... I felt that biology and chemistry were decent... let's just hope physics is just as nice :smile:
Reply 2
Really not sure what to mainly revise?! Knowing everything or equations or...?

HELP:s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Han24
Really not sure what to mainly revise?! Knowing everything or equations or...?

HELP:s-smilie:

You get given the formulas but you need to know the units. Just to be on the safe side, I'd learn the formulas as well. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Elm Tree
You get given the formulas but you need to know the units. Just to be on the safe side, I'd learn the formulas as well. :smile:

There's like 2 pages of formulae to learn! I think it's a better idea just to recognise where they are applicable, rather than memorising them all.
Reply 5
Anyone have a copy of the P2 exam paper and mark scheme from Jan 2013?
What do you think the 6 marker will be about? It's definitely not about terminal velocity because that's already come upi=
Reply 9
Added some more resources :smile:
Reply 10
My guesses for some 6 markers:

- Evaluating car safety methods (e.g. seat belts, crumple zones, side impact bars) and how they work
- Evaluating different types of circuit breakers (e.g. RCCBs)
- Evaluating uses of radioactivity in industry (e.g. testing thickness of foil)
- Explaining nuclear fission (e.g. chain reaction, neutron collision, splitting of nucleus)

It's definitely not going to be on Terminal Velocity, as that came up in June 2012 nor anything at all to do with stars as that came up in both the Specimen and January 2013, for both starts smaller than the sun and greater than the size of the sun. These may come up as lower mark questions though.
Reply 11
Original post by jgarnham

- Evaluating car safety methods (e.g. seat belts, crumple zones, side impact bars) and how they work
- Explaining nuclear fission (e.g. chain reaction, neutron collision, splitting of nucleus)

It's definitely not going to be on Terminal Velocity, as that came up in June 2012 nor anything at all to do with stars as that came up in both the Specimen and January 2013, for both starts smaller than the sun and greater than the size of the sun. These may come up as lower mark questions though.

im definitely screwed if those should come up as 6 markers! :eek:
Reply 12
Original post by jgarnham

Forgot all about crumple zones :s-smilie: Time to revise it...
So say if the car safety features question came up as a six marker, would you mention these points:
They have crumple zones and side impact forces which fold up during a colission to increase the impact time to reduce the force. They have seatbelts and airbags which spreads the force on the body over a larger area. The seatbelts helps to reduce the force by increasing the impact time taken to hit the steering wheel. The airbags changes momentum slowly so the force is less than if it changed momentum quickly by hitting the steering wheel.
How many marks would that get me?
Original post by CuteMissJessica
So say if the car safety features question came up as a six marker, would you mention these points:
They have crumple zones and side impact forces which fold up during a colission to increase the impact time to reduce the force. They have seatbelts and airbags which spreads the force on the body over a larger area. The seatbelts helps to reduce the force by increasing the impact time taken to hit the steering wheel. The airbags changes momentum slowly so the force is less than if it changed momentum quickly by hitting the steering wheel.
How many marks would that get me?

To be honest the mainpoints is that you've identified AIRBAGS,CRUMPLE ZONES, SEATBELTS (3) Explain them Increase Impact time reducing impact forces. (3) there is no markscheme for 6 markers. They have suggested answers
As you can tell it would not be about cars that would be 2 or 3 mark q's (not much to talk about), it would be about making your own investigation about proportionality or something like that.
I think there is a great chance of car safety being a six marker because you make three points crumple zones, airbags, seatbelts and explain them
Reply 17
I think the six mark question will be about crumple zones and or radio activity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I hope it is on crumple zones, but I heard that it may be on Rutherford?
Reply 19
Original post by Elle13
I hope it is on crumple zones, but I heard that it may be on Rutherford?

On the plum-pudding model? It could be.. there is a lot to discuss. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending