The Student Room Group

Igcse edexcel biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
can someone pliz define for me natural selection and evolution!!
thanks
Original post by tw15st3d
nitrogen cycle isnt tomorrow if you didnt know- thats paper 2 :smile:

Ah thanks, phew! I still don't really understand it!
Reply 62
just to clarify- theres nothing on the eye and focusing or bright light is there?
Original post by neo25
just to clarify- theres nothing on the eye and focusing or bright light is there?

For the eye you only need to learn how to label and the role of the cornea for example but nothing else
Reply 64
For the menstrual cycle, how much knowledge about the hormones FSH and LH is required?
Reply 65
So what tough topics arent tomorrow? And could sonebody ouine the 5 points you would do for animal cloning? Thanksss
Reply 66
Original post by NikolaT
For the menstrual cycle, how much knowledge about the hormones FSH and LH is required?

Basic knowledge really - fsh develops egg and stimulates oestrogen, lh releases egg. Sure theres nothing on the corpus luteum or anything.
Bigyolo is a **** subject.

Btw, here's what I think will come up tomorrow:

Functions and sources of vitamins A, C and D.
How the structure of a villus cell helps absorption of the products of digestion in the small intestine.

Will update you guys if I find more.
Reply 68
I've never felt more unprepared for an exam than I do for this one :frown:
Reply 69
Just did the 2013 sample paper - very focused on applied knowledge to experimemts like chemistry was. Also long answers with lots of different topics (what would happen to a buried mouse{5} where you talk about digestion release of co2 etc.
Reply 70
Could you possibly post a link to the paper?
We can discuss now right?
How did everybody find it?
Original post by Olympiad
We can discuss now right?
How did everybody find it?

I don't think we can until 4:30 am as it was an afternoon exam!
Original post by iamdoingmygcses

whoops, my bad because the thread was unlocked and said "12 hours passed" - sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamdoingmygcses

It was a morning exam?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Olympiad
It was a morning exam?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep sorry my bad! It's been a long day :smile:
how did everyone find it? I found it quite difficult and I couldn't even answer a 5 mark question! I was really upset yesterday because biology is my best subject and I messed it up so badly:frown: At least I've got triple to rock!
I think it went quite well. The only 5 marker I had a problem with was the question about the bacteria and the growth hormone on the 2nd to last page. Completely forgot about that!! Other than that it was good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending