The Student Room Group

Higher Geography

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Does anyone have the formations of a delta and a floodplain?
Hey could someone please send me some notes on drainage basin and hydrographs :s-smilie: !!
Reply 402
Original post by CSM1996
Eh it was because his messages were full and I couldn't send him one so I was like "Clear your messages you nincompoop" except I didn't use that word :tongue:

Hahaha guess whoever gave u those warning points doesnt understand sarcasm:smile:

Took me ages to work out how to work this then realised there's also private mail and all
Original post by Goldaline
Hey does anybody have any predictions as to what might come up in paper 2 for RLD?

you're the first person here i've encountered that's also doing RLD :smile: i think it'll be causes of RLD in the Sahel/amazon basin, consequences for both sahel/amazon and america, and consequences in america. although last year you had to do both. these are just random guesses by the way haha
Reply 404
Original post by itsGrand131415
Hey could someone please send me some notes on drainage basin and hydrographs :s-smilie: !!

i have some on Drainage Basin

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369859483.169797.jpg

Drainage basin model answer from my teacher, sorry it's not very clear and my writing is rather messy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does everyone think it will be lithosphere - limestone map features .. And a land formation like a cavern or mass movement for part of the lithosphere question ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for hydrosphere? Other than describing river from a map?
everyone is predicting the worst questions...please no hydrosphere graph!
Hydrosphere needs to be an optional question, otherwise everyone else sitting the exam will be hearing a silent sobbing :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
My teacher thinks hydrosphere will be a choice question along with urban...

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher says Hydrosphere will be optional as well but along with Lithosphere, Population and Industrial
Original post by Nessie162
My teacher says Hydrosphere will be optional as well but along with Lithosphere, Population and Industrial

What do you reckon are the compulsory questions ??

If Hydrosphere and Lithosphere are separate options, there will still be a silent sobbing, only out of happiness!
Im praying that the optional questions will be that then because i hate industry !

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you reckon are the compulsory questions ??

Atmosphere (Atmospheric Circulation, Ocean Currents or Heat Budget)
Biosphere (Sand Dune Succession)
Rural (Commercial Farming)
Urban (Advantages/Impacts of shopping malls or something to do with traffic)

For the optional my teachers predicted
Describing river from a map and it's features (Hydro)
Recognizing limestone features on a map and features (Lith)
Immigration or Birth/death rates (Pop)
and Reason for industry growth or industrial location on a map (Ind)
Reply 417
Original post by mjj22
Hahaha guess whoever gave u those warning points doesnt understand sarcasm:smile:

Took me ages to work out how to work this then realised there's also private mail and all

Clearly...

P.s. my hand is so sore :frown: I underestimated how much time I have left, I'm basically only doing limestone 20 marker and coastal 20 marker then that is me done for the night!

Good luck tomorrow everyone!! Praying the urban question isn't a map one because I canny do urban on maps :frown:
Reply 418
Atmosphere (Atmospheric Circulation, Ocean Currents or Heat Budget)
Biosphere (Sand Dune Succession)
Rural (Commercial Farming)
Urban (Advantages/Impacts of shopping malls or something to do with traffic)

For the optional my teachers predicted
Describing river from a map and it's features (Hydro)
Recognizing limestone features on a map and features (Lith)
Immigration or Birth/death rates (Pop)
and Reason for industry growth or industrial location on a map (Ind)

I'm pretty sure in the compulsory section there is always a map question, which makes me think it will be urban this year :frown:
Original post by CSM1996
I'm pretty sure in the compulsory section there is always a map question, which makes me think it will be urban this year :frown:

That would be a great thing imo! Epecially for a section like Urban.
You give a couple of grid references and names here and there... Easy marks.
Much better than describing some random stuff about traffic and shopping malls from your head. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending