The Student Room Group

A2 English Language and Literature - ELLA3

I am currently studying for my ELLA 3 exam and there are exactly 7 days left till the day of my exam. My Revision is going quite well so far, but I've realized that I've already gotten the knowledge required and just need some model/exemplar answers to both sections in the AQA ELLA 3 exam in which I will have to compare 3 different unseen texts and adapt a text... Those who are familiar with the course will definitely know what I am on about...So if possible, can anyone post any B/A examplar answers to any of the sections please!!!!
It will be very helpful in helping me structure my writing as I need to aim for a grade B in this exam, in order to obtain a B grade overall
Reply 1
Which book are you studying? I'm doing house somewhere and cupcakes :smile:, I may have some answers for you to have a look at

The 'First Meetings' comparison got an A and the football one got a B+ :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks a lot... Thats really helpful...:smile: I'm studying Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs do you have any model answers for them too?
Original post by hannxo
Which book are you studying? I'm doing house somewhere and cupcakes :smile:, I may have some answers for you to have a look at

The 'First Meetings' comparison got an A and the football one got a B+ :redface:

I was reading the first meetings texts in class last week, this has helped a huge amount! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hey does anyone know how the marks are allocated??? In term of comparison, recast and commentary?? Help... On another note, I'm actually excited about sitting this exam!
Reply 5
Original post by danielnkwocha
I was reading the first meetings texts in class last week, this has helped a huge amount! :biggrin:

Can I have a look at them? I'm also studying Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs... Will you also be sitting the exam tomorrow?
Reply 6
Hey everyone, im also doing Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs... has anyone actually planned how they will approach the recasting tasks depending on what you could possibly recast it as e.g an article recasted into a letter etc?
Original post by Keyanna81293
Can I have a look at them? I'm also studying Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs... Will you also be sitting the exam tomorrow?

I'm doing A House Somewhere, and unfortunately the only one of those texts that I have right now is the extract from We Are All Made Of Glue. I could scan it in but it does have some of my notes/doodles on it :lol: And yes I will be! I'm actually excited :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by valz_unique
Hey does anyone know how the marks are allocated??? In term of comparison, recast and commentary?? Help... On another note, I'm actually excited about sitting this exam!

Section A is out of 60
Section B is out of 25 and the commentary on section B is out of 15 :smile:
Reply 9
I'm doing A House Somewhere, has anyone got any recasting which i could read through please?
Proper panicking about tomorrow!
Original post by hannxo

Hiya, these are great! Are they based on real past papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending