The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Assassin
No, not necessarily. I could see him going to Manchester United too.

I can dream....:wink:

Seriously though if/when Mou turns I can see you winning title even with squad you have now, just need consistency. Think as you guys have said KDB should have been kept and no Schurrle, could do with some more squad depth tbf but you'll be fine. Players like Oscar, Hazard will have a year under their belts, reckon you'll be our main rival next year ahead of City.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rumours floating around twitter that Mourinho flew into RAF Northolt tonight, to be announced as Chelsea manager tomorrow or Monday.

Also the Premier League seem to be getting ahead of themselves...?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jun/jose-mourinho-returns-to-chelsea.html
Original post by KingMessi

In any case, I am disposed to be rather more reserved than many in my delight regarding the return of Mourinho. This is not 2004 - so much is obvious - and people underestimate, I think, how much the climate has changed since then.

I'm with you mate. It's almost like a "too good to be true" situation.
Placeholder confirms what basically everyone knew anyway
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3144
Original post by Isometrix
I'm with you mate. It's almost like a "too good to be true" situation.

Its the excitement of him coming back and I think there's an immense amount of pressure for him to do well, with people saying he's going to be challenging for the premier league and other titles this season. Of course if it's anyone who can live up to a hype its Jose but I hope people just understand that even if he doesn't, he'll need a bit of time to mold his team and get back in to English football again.

I think Carvalho said he's going to train Essien in July, which says he's going but yeah its a matter of when not if imo.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Rumours floating around twitter that Mourinho flew into RAF Northolt tonight, to be announced as Chelsea manager tomorrow or Monday.

Also the Premier League seem to be getting ahead of themselves...?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jun/jose-mourinho-returns-to-chelsea.html

starting to be less believable in these rumours , the day when he's supposed to get announced was originally Friday , then it was today now its tomorrow . next thing we will see will be a article in The Sun going " Source was misinformed " or something like that :frown:
Original post by Fas
starting to be less believable in these rumours , the day when he's supposed to get announced was originally Friday , then it was today now its tomorrow . next thing we will see will be a article in The Sun going " Source was misinformed " or something like that :frown:

Well maybe this will change your mind...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8753634/Real-Madrid-president-confirms-Jose-Mourinho-to-return-to-Chelsea
Original post by Fas

I think it's more of the case of the report being leaked too early before an official statement is made. Still holding out for that moment when it's guaranteed that Mourinho will lead us out of the tunnel for the new season.

well... definitely a lot more believable now that its on a more official news source :cool:
Original post by Eloades11
I think it's more of the case of the report being leaked too early before an official statement is made. Still holding out for that moment when it's guaranteed that Mourinho will lead us out of the tunnel for the new season.

yeah that makes sense tbh - yeah haha i'll believe it 100% when i see him lead us out ! I don't think though that he will have the impact that everyone expects him to have , it will definitely be an improvement for sure but not the " surefire trophy-winning " one that people expect him to have.
Reply 3150
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8754940/Jose-Mourinho-claims-he-will-be-named-Chelsea-manager-this-week

Guys its essentially a done deal. Mourinho himself says he'll be named by the end of the week. Welcome home Special One!
Reply 3151
^ That is the best thing ever. PRSOM.
Reply 3153

Hahaha, what a laugh. Agreed, best gif ever xD
It's official :cry: :woo:

Jose has returned home like the prodigal son :h:
We have to wait and see, won't be naive as the premier league has changed significantly and we haven't been near the title in 2 years!
Good for Chelsea and premier league!
Best news I've heard from Chelsea in a while. Been begging for him to return for the past few seasons and it feels like a dream to have him back. Stamford Bridge will become a fortress once again.
"We get the special one back, barca gets neymar and arsenal get Andre santos back from his loan "- Piers Morgan :rofl2:
Reply 3157
Pretty stoked about his return to The Bridge. I wonder now whether he'll take any of our loanee's back, Kalas, Piazon, Kakuta, PvA, Chalobah and McEachran to name a few.
Hell yeah its official ! definitely ready for the new season , roll on Guardiola's Munich - if we beat them under Jose it will literally be the best news ever.
Original post by Fas
Hell yeah its official ! definitely ready for the new season , roll on Guardiola's Munich - if we beat them under Jose it will literally be the best news ever.

literally? :rolleyes:

Latest