The Student Room Group

OCR Physics Unit 2 - G482 - (June Exams Preparation)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 07oakom
Can I be able to see it? :smile:

Sure, just send me your email and I'll add you :smile:
Reply 281
Original post by Dizzie31
could someone draw the answer for may 2009 1 (c) (i)
i'm really confused as it says potential divider input? do you need one :|

Yes because you need a change in source voltage, not just the voltage over the component. A variable resistor only gives you a change in PD over the component
Reply 282
anyone do you know when it says find the power dissipated by heat how do you know whether to use the current voltage or resistance and what equation ? :frown:
Reply 283
Does anyone have a really simple clear explanation of stopping potential? My textbook is really confusing :/
Reply 284
Original post by Munrot07
Can someone just give me general tips on G482, i literally cannot revise it, its just hurting my head :frown: Its so annoying, i find bio, chem and maths so easy but physics is just not happening :/ please, any help is welcome

Always check your units! They love giving you things in mm or kilo ohms and then seeing if you've noticed. Not having consistent units is a really easy way to lose marks :smile:
Um.. what else... 3 sf is usually safest, though look at what they've given you in the question to see how many sf to give your answer to. But if you're unsure 3sf is usually fine.
Learn the definitions because they're easy marks!
That's all I can think of right now, also diagrams really help, if you're stuck on a question draw a diagram of the situation if they haven't given you one and it might be clearer to you :smile:
Reply 285
Original post by so it goes
Oh dear, I'm sorry. If you send your email address to me I can add you to the list of people who can see it :smile: my email is [email protected]

Requested access to see it :smile:

I granted access (feeling very powerful) did it work? :smile:

I've got a problem with my google account and I've forgotten the password :frown: would it be possible to post it as a word document on here?

thank you
how many marks do you have to get for full ums?
Original post by Camellama
how many marks do you have to get for full ums?

Usually around 89 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I was just wondering how important it is to get the same number of significant figures as in the mark scheme. I often give mine to 3/4 sig. fig. Will I still get the marks if I'm too accurate? Or not accurate enough?
Hey, I was just wondering how important it is to get the same number of significant figures as in the mark scheme. I often give mine to 3/4 sig. fig. Will I still get the marks if I'm too accurate? Or not accurate enough?

Umm tbh I would try to stick to 2 unless it says SPECIFICALLY in the question otherwise.

Our teacher says they have been stressing it in the examiners reports for a while now and they REALLY dislike it if you do otherwise
image.jpg
Can anyone help me with this...
Using the data above find the sum of the EMF's in the circuit...
The answer is 14-7.6 = 6.4
This is the emf of the charger - emf of battery
But I don't understand WHY they have done this? Can someone explain please x
could someone draw the answer for may 2009 1 (c) (i)
i'm really confused as it says potential divider input? do you need one :|

You either need a potential divider or a variable power supply because in the graph the voltage is changed from 0-6 volts
So you need one of these to be able to vary the voltage to the lamp :smile:
Reply 292
Original post by sophiekutie
image.jpg
Can anyone help me with this...
Using the data above find the sum of the EMF's in the circuit...
The answer is 14-7.6 = 6.4
This is the emf of the charger - emf of battery
But I don't understand WHY they have done this? Can someone explain please x

emf.png

Hopefully this makes sense?
How many sf do you normally give answers? I stick to 3, unless the answer is exact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 294
Original post by ReginaPhalange29
How many sf do you normally give answers? I stick to 3, unless the answer is exact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i always give it to three, unless in the question we have been given a value which is to two sf. Even if my answer is exact lol
Original post by gavrilov
emf.png

Hopefully this makes sense?

Ummmm... Not really? Haha

Is it because the batteries are not aligned (positive and negative)?
Original post by sophiekutie
Umm tbh I would try to stick to 2 unless it says SPECIFICALLY in the question otherwise.

Our teacher says they have been stressing it in the examiners reports for a while now and they REALLY dislike it if you do otherwise

Only two sig fig! Wow, wouldn't have guessed that :P thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by ss2012
I've got a problem with my google account and I've forgotten the password :frown: would it be possible to post it as a word document on here?

thank you

Hi, I've had a little go with making a Dropbox public link with it

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8316041/Link%20to%20physicsexamquestions.pdf

hope you can see that :biggrin:
Original post by OllieGCSEs
Usually around 89 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhh...that's so high :frown:
Getting B's to High B's on past papers :smile: roll on Wednesday :smile:

How is everyone else feeling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending