The Student Room Group

How do you revise AQA AL Computer Science?

Hi everyone,

I'm preparing for EOY 12 Exams, and I think I might have been revising in the wrong approach. I made notes on the Craig n Dave videos and used Physics and Maths Tutor to do questions on these chapters but I feel like that's not enough, since in the papers that I do, I score under 50 (though I've been scoring well in past school exams). How else can I revise for CS (particularly paper 2)? Do you use that huge textbook (the one where theres a lot of waffle) or do you use Isaac Computing? Please lmk how you revise

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by mskr710
Hi everyone,

I'm preparing for EOY 12 Exams, and I think I might have been revising in the wrong approach. I made notes on the Craig n Dave videos and used Physics and Maths Tutor to do questions on these chapters but I feel like that's not enough, since in the papers that I do, I score under 50 (though I've been scoring well in past school exams). How else can I revise for CS (particularly paper 2)? Do you use that huge textbook (the one where theres a lot of waffle) or do you use Isaac Computing? Please lmk how you revise

Thanks.

I use a bunch of resources to learn the content and then I just do past paper questions and kind of learn the "proper" knowledge through the mark schemes. I find that the resources are quite bad and don't really teach you what they'd really want in exams so the exam questions are really what help me.
Reply 2
Thanks for replying, I agree that the resources aren't great and yeah learning from past papers is a good idea. What resources do you specifically use?
Reply 3
Original post by mskr710
Thanks for replying, I agree that the resources aren't great and yeah learning from past papers is a good idea. What resources do you specifically use?

Craig n dave but i find sometimes his videos aren't great, or the PGOnline book but i do OCR so it won't really help you.
Reply 4
Thanks, yeah I use Craig n dave but I feel like he misses information out and I only just realised this, a week before my mocks smh, I also use my AQA textbook but theres a lot of information which is just not needed for the exam
Reply 5
Original post by mskr710
Thanks, yeah I use Craig n dave but I feel like he misses information out and I only just realised this, a week before my mocks smh, I also use my AQA textbook but theres a lot of information which is just not needed for the exam

Hm i don't think he misses any information he even goes beyond the spec.
When you do exam questions for the first time though you feel as if you didn't actually learn what was expected for the exam lol, but exam questions will certainly give you all the info you need to know really just read the mark schemes well. Good luck in mocks, i got mine end of june.

Quick Reply

Latest