The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

LSBU students 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, I'm Shannon and I'm studying psychology in September, moving from Dover and really don't know what to expect? any help haha?
London
Reply 41
Original post by ThereIsNoKey
Hey, I'm new on this site, and it's cool to see loads of people for LSBU :biggrin:

I'm Bronwyn, and I have accepted an unconditional for the baking technology course, and have a place at Mclaren house - anyone else doing baking or staying at Mclaren? I havent had a chance to do an open day yet, so I have no clue what I'm throwing myself into, lol! Oh well, it's all decided so I guess come September I'll just have to hold my breath and jump :biggrin: fun fun fun!

Heya I'm Bex, I'm starting the Baking tech management course in September as well, also staying in Mclaren house! Can't wait, really looking forward to it! X
Reply 42
Hey I'm staying at mclaren house! And I'm doing forensic science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by shannonn95
Hi, I'm Shannon and I'm studying psychology in September, moving from Dover and really don't know what to expect? any help haha?

Me too! I sent an email to course enquiries and was told timetables and stuff wouldnt be finalised until august but to expect to be in 9:30-1:30 Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, but that's all I really know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Ollied
Thinking about trying to go to IFS through clearing, but the accommodation at IFS has to be private and the close ones are around 200 a week, which leaves me with zero money.

Southbank has the right pricing and budget levels but when I went to the open day I didn't see anyone I thought i'd get along with and I realised Business isn't really what i'd want to do ideally and the IFS course is more suited.

With IFS you get private accommodation where loads of people from loads of different Universities will go, im not anti social it's just that i'd rather not be in the situation where everyone makes their own circles from classes.

I do drink, but I'm not heavy on it, I'll be 2 years older than everyone else and all the drinking novelty has passed. I BMX more than I do anything else and this is why i'd rather be in London than apply for a different University, its a 6 hour train journey from home and i'd rather be somewhere that I feel settled so I don't have to endure that.

I don't know really, none of that made sense

I start in september too doing psychology and im 20. :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Amy_C_94
I'll be doing psychology in September :smile: I don't live far from London so I'll be getting the train in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! I live over five hours away! Dont think i can be as lucky
Reply 46
Original post by Harrietcla
Lucky! I live over five hours away! Dont think i can be as lucky

Yeah it's quite handy. On the one hand I'm worried it'll make going out and making friends more difficult, but it's a lot cheaper than accomodation
Reply 47
Hi I'm Deborah I will be starting this September studying Film. I will be at McClaren House and i don't know anyone else coming here. Anyone else doing the film degree or staying at McClaren House?
Reply 48
Hi Guys, I'm Gabrielle and I will be studying Law and Psychology. Im living at Mclaren house, is anyone else?
Original post by debbzz93
Hi I'm Deborah I will be starting this September studying Film. I will be at McClaren House and i don't know anyone else coming here. Anyone else doing the film degree or staying at McClaren House?

Hi! It's Hannah and I'm hoping to do film studies too, and stay at MacLaren house!
Reply 50
Original post by hannahjane13
Hi! It's Hannah and I'm hoping to do film studies too, and stay at MacLaren house!

Hi its nice to meet you :smile:
Hi its nice to meet you :smile:

How old are you and where are you from? Nice to meet you too :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Amy_C_94
Yeah it's quite handy. On the one hand I'm worried it'll make going out and making friends more difficult, but it's a lot cheaper than accomodation

Nah you'll be fine, i'm sure you'll find people who'll let you crash on their floor after nights out! I'm only just over an hour away by train but it worked out cheaper for me to just move up! Plus im pretty sure the commute would do my head in every day! Xxx
Reply 53
How old are you and where are you from? Nice to meet you too :smile:

Im 20 from Poole in Dorset. What about you?
Im 20 from Poole in Dorset. What about you?

I'm 19 from a town called marlow in Buckinghamshire :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by Bex Hole
Nah you'll be fine, i'm sure you'll find people who'll let you crash on their floor after nights out! I'm only just over an hour away by train but it worked out cheaper for me to just move up! Plus im pretty sure the commute would do my head in every day! Xxx

That's what I'm hoping! I'm not too fussed about the commute, but not looking forward to the early start lol xx
Reply 56
I'm 19 from a town called marlow in Buckinghamshire :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool :smile: Are you going to the Headstart day on July 1st?
Oh cool :smile: Are you going to the Headstart day on July 1st?

Hey what's the head start day? Sorry to butt in the conversation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Im going to the headstart Day. Cant wait for september! X
Reply 59
Original post by Pipsqueak :)
Hey what's the head start day? Sorry to butt in the conversation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats ok lol well it depends what degree you are doing i think. I got an email from the uni a month ago from the culture writting and performance department about their headstart day. It basically said there will be exercises to prepare you for your first year of study, master classes of subjects from 2nd and 3rd years, reccomended reading list, tips fron students on how to prepare for uni and make the most of cirricular and extra cirricular opportunities. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending