The Student Room Group

Plymouth Dental Hygiene and Therapy

Anyone here applying for DTH for Plymouth ? I have 5 Distinctions as predicted grades from Access Course HE, hopefully will have interview offer, KCL not happy with my GCSE but they re A, very confused 🤣
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, sorry this isn't answering your question...but I am hoping to apply for the Dental Hygiene and Therapy course (need to do access to HE) and I was wondering which Access to HE course did you complete, and did you do this online or at a college? Thanks 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by fws59
Hey, sorry this isn't answering your question...but I am hoping to apply for the Dental Hygiene and Therapy course (need to do access to HE) and I was wondering which Access to HE course did you complete, and did you do this online or at a college? Thanks 🙂

College
Reply 3
Original post by deea345
Anyone here applying for DTH for Plymouth ? I have 5 Distinctions as predicted grades from Access Course HE, hopefully will have interview offer, KCL not happy with my GCSE but they re A, very confused 🤣

Hey, I’ve also applied to Plymouth, I’m on an access course HE to science course. I am yet to hear from KCL but i recently had an interview with LSBU. What other uni’s have you applied to ?
Reply 4
Original post by Rennea
Hey, I’ve also applied to Plymouth, I’m on an access course HE to science course. I am yet to hear from KCL but i recently had an interview with LSBU. What other uni’s have you applied to ?

LSBU said no to me, I don t know why, did u give them ur predicted grades?
Reply 5
Original post by Rennea

No, I live in Plymouth and I won t change city
Reply 6
Original post by deea345
LSBU said no to me, I don t know why, did u give them ur predicted grades?

They also said no to me at first, the reasoning was due to me not meeting their a-level requirement, but I got in contact with them to say I believe there had been an oversight as I was applying with an HE access not a-levels. My application then made it to the interview stage. I didn’t provide any predicted grads for LSBU only for Plymouth as they requested them.
Reply 7
Original post by deea345
No, I live in Plymouth and I won t change city

I hope you hear back soon with good news
Original post by Rennea

How was ur interview?
Reply 9
Original post by abdullahyc9
How was ur interview?

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, I’m happy with how it went, but it’s the first one so I’m not sure. I haven’t heard anything back yet and I did it on the 14th. Have you had any responses ?
Original post by Rennea

It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, I’m happy with how it went, but it’s the first one so I’m not sure. I haven’t heard anything back yet and I did it on the 14th. Have you had any responses ?

Mines next week😭btw wats ur ig?
Hey everyone! I'm a current Plymouth student and, although I don't study the same course, I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have about the university or student life in general 🙂

Best of luck!

-Alfie, University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep
Original post by Rennea

Did they give u an article on vaping?
Reply 13
Did they give u an article on vaping?

Good luck with your interview this week !
Original post by Rennea

Good luck with your interview this week !

Do u have any tips with the interview and article, it would really help and thanks hope u get a place!
Reply 15
Do u have any tips with the interview and article, it would really help and thanks hope u get a place!

Ask someone to help you go through interview questions, and go through basics of why that course stuff like that. Also read the article to understand it and just follow the advice they have provided and it’ll be okay 👌
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by deea345
Just got offer from Plymouth!!
Congratulations !! 🥳
Reply 17
Original post by Rennea
Congratulations !! 🥳
Thank u !
Reply 18
Original post by Rennea
Congratulations !! 🥳
Rennea do u plan to study in Plymouth?
Original post by deea345
Just got offer from Plymouth!!

Congrats didn’t apply there I still have interviews coming up do u have any tips

Quick Reply

Latest