The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks Jimmy!
how is everyone feeling about this exam? as the Jan 2013 was reasonably good and unit 1 paper in may 2013 was really easy I think this is going to be either hard or doable.
I just looked over the specification and it seems we don't need to state Hess' Law?

Can anyone confirm this ??
Reply 2263
Heres more questions people forget. What type of UV light does the ozone absorb? What UV light causes skin cancer? How does the ozone layer work?
Reply 2264
Thanks Jimmy!

(Might just say it as well to get a thumbs up)
Could anyone pls help me with question 6c)i on June 2010 paper?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/65130-question-paper-unit-f322-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf
Original post by sohailkm96
Sorry I don't think I typed out it correctly, I meant that a high atom economy shows a high amount reactants is being converted to the desired product.

Is this sohail from beckfoot school lol?
Suggest two factors that affect the contribution of a greenhouse gas to global warming (2)
Reply 2268
Original post by Shaadi Baba

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/65130-question-paper-unit-f322-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf

On same question:
(c) Only a small proportion of the candidates in (i) realised that the 909 kJ of heat released
comes from 4 mol of NO; so the correct answer was 5.68 × 107 kJ.
In (ii), candidates needed to be more specific in their answers it was not sufficient to write that
energy would be provided.

IDK how to do it though
Original post by Beanjamin

Lol Ben yeah it's me.
Original post by JimmyA*
Heres more questions people forget. What type of UV light does the ozone absorb? What UV light causes skin cancer? How does the ozone layer work?

UV-C is absorbed by the ozone, both UV-B and UV-C can cause skin cancer, and I'm not sure about the last one, does it just absorb the UV?
Reply 2271
Original post by Beanjamin

Don't tell me you are Ben from from beckfoot school?
Hi everyone! Can anyone define le chatelier's principle for me?
Reply 2273
Does anybody have the january 2013 and the mark scheme? Please can I have it?:colondollar:
Original post by sohailkm96
Lol Ben yeah it's me.

Hahah that's well funny, so are you feeling prepared for the exam?
Reply 2275
Original post by simifeltham
Suggest two factors that affect the contribution of a greenhouse gas to global warming (2)

The absorption of infrared radiation and the atmospheric concentration
Reply 2276
Original post by Shaadi Baba

You divide the enthalpy change by four to find the enthalpy change for 1 mole of NO. Then you multiply it by the number of moles given to find energy
Original post by Sara_A
The absorption of infrared radiation and the atmospheric concentration

make sure you say the the IR absorption depends on the type of bond present. also the lifetime of ghgs
Original post by JimmyA*
Here's a few good questions:
Why does the pi-bond break and not the sigma bond?(it's a question which alot of people forget and hasn't come up for a while)
What is the advantage of using the ziegler-natta process over radical polymerisation?
What are the current problems with storing Carbon in stable minerals?

Would you be able to post the answers to those questions please?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shomshomni
Hi everyone! Can anyone define le chatelier's principle for me?

The position of equilibrium will shift so to minimize the effect of any change in conditions.

Latest

Trending

Trending