The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jacksonmeg
I put S8, then S4 for the next 1 :smile:

Did you forget putting the + charge on S lke me because we would not get marks for that?
Original post by _Morsey_
Although thinking about it again, i suppose the termination of two I radicals produces I2, so it might work :/

it should be allowed tbh, because you will form I2, and it is possible for the I2 molecules to react with other radicals in propagation steps, it's not the most obvious propagation step, though if the reactants are still exposed to UV light(?) causing the IBr to split in the first place it would probably split up I2 as well
I put S8, then S4 for the next 1 :smile:

[INDENT] did you have to put s4+ cos i just put s8 and s4 aswell
[/INDENT]
Original post by Farringtonn
The question where you had to use mcdelta t, in the first part did you have to divide by 1000 because it said kilo joules

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah :smile:
I ended up writing 2-ethyloctane for the branched 10C molecule because i didn't know whether nonane was a word :tongue:
Original post by Farringtonn
The question where you had to use mcdelta t, in the first part did you have to divide by 1000 because it said kilo joules

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes you had to
Reply 2966
Original post by Tania2k9
i'm so worried now, i said homolytic fission, named the reaction mechanism as free radical substitution and name the 2 steps as initiation and propagation. i did the same initiation step as you but i was confusing my self on the prop step i wrote: CH4 + Br---> CH3 + HBR
then i did : CH3+I2----> CH3I +HI
and for the termination: CH3 + CH3---->
out of 7 what do u think that'd be?

thank you

For propagaton i wrote CH4 + Br ---> CH3 + HBr then CH3 + BrI ---> CH3I + Br as bromine was acting as the catalyst so had to be regenerated...
You didnt give a product for the termination though so i would say 5 marks :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry
Was the flowchart where heated with acid catalyst the e and z isomers ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of that but then it has + in between boxes. So I just put H2O in the other box :mad:
the question where it asked your for the difference bwteen I and J, the e/z thing, is it ok if you only drew the part with the double bond to show the difference?
Reply 2969
Original post by massi1296
yeah so youd get 3280 for 2 moles therefore 1640 for 1

nope you divide it first, this is a similar question to the jan 2013 paper
i think the s8 wasnt a fragment ion so i think it was s8 but i forgot the + on s4 too
Original post by krishkmistry
Found this exam weird - found it bloody easy then I found it hard but two questions ? Was the Cfc alternative hydro fluorocarbons - was the energy in moles 820 and was the structure on the spectra butanal and butanone since there weren't oh bonds ? Three questions actually

Posted from TSR Mobile

CFC Alternative I put CO2 but I heard it is HCFC's. Yeah the enthalpy for making 240cm^3 of NO2 was 820, enthalpy of formation of NO2 was 82, and the two structures was butanal and butanone.
i did the exact same molecule, (didnt know what 9 carbons was called lmao)

Omg same :tongue: I was thinking nonane but wanted to be safe!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2973
the question where it asked your for the difference bwteen I and J, the e/z thing, is it ok if you only drew the part with the double bond to show the difference?

yeah it was only one mark , i'm pretty sure that'd be just fine
Original post by massi1296
[INDENT] did you have to put s4+ cos i just put s8 and s4 aswell
[/INDENT]

Oh yeah, didn't think of that. Probably not though.
What were the functional groups? Also for enthalpy change of reverse reaction was it -164?
Reply 2976
Is supercritical CO2 a propellant, by any chance? My mind went blank for that question.
Original post by kingmango
I ended up writing 2-ethyloctane for the branched 10C molecule because i didn't know whether nonane was a word :tongue:

seems like nobody knows what a 9 c chain is :biggrin:
Original post by walkers38
I was thinking of that but then it has + in between boxes. So I just put H2O in the other box :mad:

Confused haha I swear I did it right

Posted from TSR Mobile
theres different ways to get it but im sure it was 1640

Latest

Trending

Trending