The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Did anyone write about labour productivity and motivation increasing in the piece rate question on Question 2?
Original post by oJNAo
Did anyone write about labour productivity and motivation increasing in the piece rate question on Question 2?

Yes, and then wrote that it could decrease quality if production is rushed however..
Overall, I thought it was a fair exam, although the case study didn't help much for the quality question. Ah well, think it went well, glad factoring came up too as I revised that a lot. Time for a beer in the sun to celebrate my last exam, and look forward to going into year 13,the second time around :wink:
Reply 363
Well, I ran out of time BADLY on that, I missed out a whole 8 marker, and part of the variance.
The others I feel did okay on, however, when I was running out of time, my last 2 13-16 markers, I only did like 1 point for and 1 point against, rather than 2 for and 2 against, I applied and used good analysis and evaluated the points, but there was only 1 point for each side... Will that lose me marks do you know? I thought it was best to do 2 points for each side
Original post by Forty40
Well, I ran out of time BADLY on that, I missed out a whole 8 marker, and part of the variance.
The others I feel did okay on, however, when I was running out of time, my last 2 13-16 markers, I only did like 1 point for and 1 point against, rather than 2 for and 2 against, I applied and used good analysis and evaluated the points, but there was only 1 point for each side... Will that lose me marks do you know? I thought it was best to do 2 points for each side

I did 1 for and 1 against for each of the 13 markers. As long as they are in depth you will make up the rest of the marks with evaluation. I think the most important part of the 'justify' 13 markers is the conclusion. It needs to be strong and come up with a judgement based on the for/against you put forward.
Reply 365
Original post by YoloPirate
I did 1 for and 1 against for each of the 13 markers. As long as they are in depth you will make up the rest of the marks with evaluation. I think the most important part of the 'justify' 13 markers is the conclusion. It needs to be strong and come up with a judgement based on the for/against you put forward.

Good to know put me abit more at ease haha!!
Yeah, if you think about it logically the 8 markers ask to explain 2 reasons/consequences and you can get a maximum 4 or 5 for evaluation in the 13 markers.

Therefore 2 reasons + conclusion should equal 12/13 marks.
Reply 367
I found the actual content quite good. There was lots to say and it was quite interesting. But god did I run out of time. Got to the very last question with about 4 minutes left, so just scribbled down as much as I could on things like PED, in little more than note form, in a desperate hope to pick up marks.

I think I did well early on, but messed it up lots on the last question; so I've no idea how it'll turn out :/

Debt factoring question was a bit crap.. I knew what it is, but I think many people didn't.
Reply 368
Yeah, if you think about it logically the 8 markers ask to explain 2 reasons/consequences and you can get a maximum 4 or 5 for evaluation in the 13 markers.

Therefore 2 reasons + conclusion should equal 12/13 marks.

Yeh true that, I jsut worried as I dont 2 for 2 against for the first case study and then when it came to the second, my time was extremely limited haha!!!
Oh well, Hopefully I have enough for a B
would u get a mark for writing down the variance equation...
Original post by harjshavin

I'd say so, yes.
Reply 371
Original post by harjshavin

definetely 1 mark for the correct equation. And maybe method marks as well. It depends where any mistakes were made
I didn't think it went that bad... Many depressed faces around the exam hall though.

i really thought I was going to run out of time and got really paranoid and checking the clock every 5 mins but actually finished half an hour early, go figure.

I found every question ok, messed up on the calculation but luckily when I was checking I corrected it, did the total cost figures instead of the profit, lol.. My teacher told us how to do profit variance the day before as well so I remembered it and got 154, or whatever everyone is saying... Left it as a decimal though so I probs lost a mark there?

I thought the last 2 questions were ok, especially the one about motivation, as there was lots to link into the case study, and the last one I should have wrote about PED but didn't :frown:

it was the debt factoring one that messed me up, when I got to it I had to skip it as I had no idea what it even was and come back to it at the end.. Luckily I guessed and somehow was right! Basically talked about everything apart from only selling the debts for around 80% of the original debt, which is annoying because I did think of it in the exam but wasnt too sure..

Overall, I think it went well, hope I got my c at least!

I did that too. I feel like I have so much more to say, but due to time constraints, only did 1 point, 2 at the most for for and against. As you say, as long as you are inhdepth with the points and your eval is good, you will score highly.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 374
Original post by Forty40

hey i only did one point for and one against as long as u[you have used good application and analysis you should be fine :smile:
Reply 375
Original post by Aamna01
hey i only did one point for and one against as long as u[you have used good application and analysis you should be fine :smile:

Totally agree here, you only need one for and against, but as long as they're developed paragraphs, they will be just as good as 2 for and against :smile:
1st case study was very generous, hoping to bag nearly full marks.
2nd case study was so much harder - I keep looking back and seeing people talk about the variance question and can't seem to see what was the correct answer

I put (£154,500) - adverse. Is that correct?

2c and 2d hoping to blag about 7 or 8 - case study didn't help whatsoever.
Reply 377
So if I was to retake this unit would I only be able to do so next summer or could I do it in January?
Original post by M.I.A
So if I was to retake this unit would I only be able to do so next summer or could I do it in January?

It'll have to be in Summer, there are no more Jan exams.
Original post by M.I.A

Next summer, there are no more exams in January

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending