The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

guys what is a critical angle ? :O
Reply 681
Original post by x0x
I said that I decreases
so for a given voltage the resistance should increase
since V=IR
but its true ... when current decreases there is less heating but I depended on the equation since there were 4 marks and in mark schemes they almost always require you to quote a relevant equation :P

Considering it was a 4 mark question, I think a very long explanation should be given e.g. 671 post
Reply 682
Estimated grade boundary for an A?

Thanks.
Reply 683
Original post by Freddy-Francis
guys what is a critical angle ? :O

Angle of incidence at which angle of refraction=90*, so light travels along medium boundary.
what did u guys put for the "Explain why the following observations may be understood by using a photon model of light, rather than a wave model"?
Reply 685
What did everyone say for the q on stating EM radiation for the since plate photoelectric effect q?

I put UV for two reasons. If you know from experience UV radiation and visible light appear to be associated most with zinc. Also there was a q on radio waves frequency from before like the start of the paper, which was a small hint, from that I realised that this unknown radiation is above both visible light and radio waves in terms of frequency, so it's either UV, X-ray, gamma. Due to first reason I put down UV, I have more faith in it.
Reply 686
Original post by krisshP
Estimated grade boundary for an A?

Thanks.

im thinking 58-59
Reply 687
Original post by krisshP
What did everyone say for the q on stating EM radiation for the since plate photoelectric effect q?

I put UV for two reasons. If you know from experience UV radiation and visible light appear to be associated most with zinc. Also there was a q on radio waves frequency from before like the start of the paper, which was a small hint, from that I realised that this unknown radiation is above both visible light and radio waves in terms of frequency, so it's either UV, X-ray, gamma. Due to first reason I put down UV, I have more faith in it.

its UV since frequency was 1.04x10^15 or something and i memorized the wavelengths and this one ws 2.somethingx10^-7 which is UV
Reply 688
what did u guys put for the "Explain why the following observations may be understood by using a photon model of light, rather than a wave model"?

It was a QWC question worth 5 marks I thin. I ended up just stating stuff like
One photon releases one electron
E=hf
Wave energy depends on frequency for particle model an on intensity for wave model
Energy supply is continuous, so can build up for wave model
Original post by hamzeh h
its UV since frequency was 1.04x10^15 or something and i memorized the wavelengths and this one ws 2.somethingx10^-7 which is UV

it didnt ask for specific..
It just said which part.
So i put the high end :eek:
And put examples like xrays, gamma rays :O
Reply 690

its repeated in many pastpapers just expain about one photon giving energy to one electron and frequency being propoptional to energy..etc and that if it was a wave keeping the light shone will accumulate energy and electrons will be emitted but doesnt happen and talk about threshold frequency
Reply 691
it didnt ask for specific..
It just said which part.
So i put the high end :eek:
And put examples like xrays, gamma rays :O

well Ultra-violet is a part of electromagnetic spectrum :P
Original post by krisshP
It was a QWC question worth 5 marks I thin. I ended up just stating stuff like
One photon releases one electron
E=hf
Wave energy depends on frequency for particle model an on intensity for wave model
Energy supply is continuous, so can build up for wave model

i put the similar as u.
I also put that the number of photoelectrons emitted per second is proportional to the intensity of radiation. <<any marks/
Reply 693

The radio waves v=flambda question on section b was a nice hint helping for this question, I'm surprised nobody made use of it.
Reply 694
Original post by krisshP
The radio waves v=flambda question on section b was a nice hint helping for this question, I'm surprised nobody made use of it.

yaa
Reply 695
yaa

Did you do that as well? Look at post 685, that's how I figure it out. They expected you to be so cunning.
qu6) the transition which did u guys choose? 5 to 4?
Reply 697

4 to 5 it was absorption of lowest frequency
Grade boundries estimates for the A guys?

I did 4 to 5 beacuse it was being absorbed

Latest

Trending

Trending