Original post by tr12
goodbye uni

and hello to working in tesco,lol

I know how you feel .
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 502
Original post by FLLF
Yes and yes

yeahhhhhhhh, and did you add the velocities for the last part of question 7.

and what did u get for the angle of the lamina ??
Reply 503
I messed up the 2D motion one and got the first bit wrong by a wrong calculation although the rest of the wuestion had the correct working but wrong figures?im guessing no error carried forward?:frown:
Also any ideas of grade boundaries?
I found it very hard hope everyone ends up doing really well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 504
Original post by FLLF
I did the same, ended up just crossing everything out and putting 20... There didnt seem to be a logical method

at least you got the marks, I didnt even realise it was 20!
Reply 505
Harder then usual papers but still managed 95ums.. 1 silly mistake but oh well..
Reply 506
For that horrible centre of mass q, after 30 mins I got the distance as 1/2m and the angle at 10.9 (from memory)... Can anyone confirm these?
Reply 507
i think for the distance one you were meant to integrate the velocity between the values of t=0 and 4, the answer was like 208/3???
Reply 508
Original post by RYRK
yeahhhhhhhh, and did you add the velocities for the last part of question 7.

and what did u get for the angle of the lamina ??

10.9 after some cosine rule trickery
Reply 509
Original post by *mike
Love how writing 20ms-1 for 3b got you 5 marks, I did all the differentiating and stuff to get 4.5 which is totally wrong :frown:

I thought 4.5 is right as if you sketched the graph that was actually the the highest speed.
Reply 510
Original post by *mike
Love how writing 20ms-1 for 3b got you 5 marks, I did all the differentiating and stuff to get 4.5 which is totally wrong :frown:

what i did that as well - how can a five mark question result in the answer 20!
Reply 511
Original post by FLLF
For that horrible centre of mass q, after 30 mins I got the distance as 1/2m and the angle at 10.9 (from memory)... Can anyone confirm these?

yes mate your absolutely spot on
Reply 512
Original post by mmss
i think for the distance one you were meant to integrate the velocity between the values of t=0 and 4, the answer was like 208/3???

Did the same at first, you had to integrate from t=0 to 2, then from t=2 to 4, because it changed direction... Came out at 24
Reply 514
Original post by FLLF

i got 0.5 as well but i got a different angle
Reply 515
Wtf was 7c on about? I just ended up restating the velocity of the 3rd particle
Reply 516
Original post by Student8
i got 0.5 as well but i got a different angle

I'm only going from memory, the angle was definatley about 10 degrees, well, at least that's what I got
Reply 517
when do you think arsey will put the mark scheme up ?
Reply 518
Original post by Student8
what i did that as well - how can a five mark question result in the answer 20!

Original post by JackH12
I thought 4.5 is right as if you sketched the graph that was actually the the highest speed.

Ask edexcel but tbh I am really unhappy that you could get 5 marks just by looking at the equation :frown:

@Jack I thought the same as you, I didnt even think to just look at the equation and sub in 0.

I lost marks on this question, the angle question and the question right at the very end, 14 marks lost, and to think I wanted 100 UMS lol
Reply 519
Original post by FLLF
I'm only going from memory, the angle was definatley about 10 degrees, well, at least that's what I got

i think your right - i got my angle question wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending