OCR Gateway Biology B4B5B6 - 10/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Thankyou!
Reply 721
Original post by Knowing
I'll come test you a bit :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

Original post by BP_Tranquility
Out of interest, are you lot going to be revising in the morning for biology or not, because I've heard mixed opinions on which is better to do...? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am. I'll wake up at about 7:30.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
You on it?

Not yet.
Original post by andersson
Thanks. :smile:

I am. I'll wake up at about 7:30.

Not yet.

I would Tommy/Andy but I've got to get to bed early but before that revise for History. I'm dreading it, my school tricked me and didn't tell me about this second paper - might sue them for sexual discrimination. Anyways, I wish you all luck and may see you lot on Skype at about 11 - 12 ish
Reply 723
Original post by IHTWFR
I would Tommy/Andy but I've got to get to bed early but before that revise for History. I'm dreading it, my school tricked me and didn't tell me about this second paper - might sue them for sexual discrimination. Anyways, I wish you all luck and may see you lot on Skype at about 11 - 12 ish

My school is doing that paper too. How did you do in the first one? Just get some awesome revision done and you wont have any reason to dread it tomorrow. :biggrin:
Original post by andersson
My school is doing that paper too. How did you do in the first one? Just get some awesome revision done and you wont have any reason to dread it tomorrow. :biggrin:

Anticipating an A* in the first one but Paper Two I need an A in... It is so hard to get 36/53 in this paper, trust me! It's like doing B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 all in one exam - hard!
Original post by ryanb97
well...tbh..im not as confident as i was last year :colondollar:
but i only need an A this year

grr.... i need to finish the specimen paper

haha I did the specimen before I properly started revision and got my teacher to mark it! 56/85 it was dreadddful
Reply 726
Original post by IHTWFR
Anticipating an A* in the first one but Paper Two I need an A in... It is so hard to get 36/53 in this paper, trust me! It's like doing B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 all in one exam - hard!

I feel the same about geography, we need to know about 50 case studies off by heart and memorise facts for all of those... No thanks, I think I'll stick to the sciences!
Reply 727
Original post by NatashaG
haha I did the specimen before I properly started revision and got my teacher to mark it! 56/85 it was dreadddful

that is not dread full!!

i just got 59 .... i only got 13 in section C ...holy crap!! thats awful !!!

i need to get of her...:biggrin:

Ryan
Original post by ryanb97
that is not dread full!!

Ryan

It's Section C that lost me my marks... (about 6-8?)
Original post by ryanb97
that is not dread full!!

Ryan

oh urr! section c is quite varied, lots of different stuff in it! haha you need to relax last minute cramming is bad for memoryyy

but 59 should be an A* based on boundaries I predict 51 +- about 3 raw marks for an A* hahaha
Reply 730
The specimens were absolutely ridiculous! It was so difficult! What was it? About 50 or 55 for an A*? I really hope the real thing is easier but the grade boundaries are higher!
Yeah, the specimen mark scheme was incredibly specific which lost me marks...I think I got around 63/85 :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, the specimen mark scheme was incredibly specific which lost me marks...I think I got around 63/85 :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the real mark schemes are always more lenient because they take people's responses into consideration :P
When yeast undergoes aerobic respiration does it create the usual products of co2 and water? Or does it produce ethanoic acid instead (like it says in the chemistry revision guide)? )

And are bacteria/fungi detritivores since they're not animals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
When yeast undergoes aerobic respiration does it create the usual products of co2 and water? Or does it produce ethanoic acid instead (like it says in the chemistry revision guide)? )

And are bacteria/fungi detritivores since they're not animals?

Posted from TSR Mobile

CO2 and Water it says in mine :redface:

Fungi are normally saprophytes
CO2 and Water it says in mine :redface:

Fungi are normally saprophytes

But they're still detritivores, right? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually, never mind, I just found out that detritivores are organisms that feed on dead and decaying material but then it says bacteria/sacrophytes are decomposers...aren't bacteria/sacrophytes organisms as well though lol? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 737
It's Section C that lost me my marks... (about 6-8?)

Original post by NatashaG
oh urr! section c is quite varied, lots of different stuff in it! haha you need to relax last minute cramming is bad for memoryyy

but 59 should be an A* based on boundaries I predict 51 +- about 3 raw marks for an A* hahaha

i lost all the marks for the 6 marker in Section B and C grr.... :facepalm::facepalm:

i had around 22,19,13,5 total = 59
Original post by ryanb97
i lost all the marks for the 6 marker in Section B and C grr.... :facepalm::facepalm:

i had around 22,19,13,5 total = 59

How did you lose all the marks in 6 markers?:lol:
Is there a section D in the exam tomorrow?! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending