The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:zomg: :rofl:

I laughed :ahee:

It was ****ing hilarious. We were in Cambridge at the time, looking at the prospectus for 2013 that we'd just taken, and he was like "oh cool Chemical Engineering". We talked about something else for a few minutes, and then I brought it up again. He was like: "Wait Cambridge do Chemical Engineering? Cool!"
Original post by MangoFreak
It was ****ing hilarious. We were in Cambridge at the time, looking at the prospectus for 2013 that we'd just taken, and he was like "oh cool Chemical Engineering". We talked about something else for a few minutes, and then I brought it up again. He was like: "Wait Cambridge do Chemical Engineering? Cool!"

:rofl: :toofunny:

And he wants Cambridge :mmm:
Reply 2262
Ciao a tutti :biggrin: long time no see!

I'm annoyed * puisque ma professeure de Français * said we were going to do a French speaking assessment, which is * il giovedi prossimo per gli genti qui hanno avuto un esame di Italiano ieri. Poi, oggi * she said we would have a written assessment * il mercoledi *, so we have a choice of which to submit! But the formats for writing and speaking are totally different, and I'm not learning both at the same time. I'm just going to write down exactly what I'm doing for my speaking and then submit the speaking. Therefore the writing is pointless and a waste of lesson time. * Mais, c'est la vie :wink:

Anyway, does anyone do an A-Level language here? (probably, since it's a language-y thread and all that) Could you tell me what it's like? Because I'm the only one in my year who wants to do Italian A-Level so I might have to start it next year when I'm only in Year 11 :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:rofl: :toofunny:

And he wants Cambridge :mmm:

Hey come on now, don't be unreasonable. I can't do basic mental arithmetic :mmm: I need a calculator to add up lots of small numbers (1+3+1+2+1+1... - that's pretty easy but a longer list and I crumble) :lol:
Hey come on now, don't be unreasonable. I can't do basic mental arithmetic :mmm: I need a calculator to add up lots of small numbers (1+3+1+2+1+1... - that's pretty easy but a longer list and I crumble) :lol:

I can do that quickly by chanting out loud...

Even bigger numbers, people look at me like :lolwut: they try and put me off :mmm:
Yay.

Mein Computer funktioniert wieder!

Mon ordinateur n'est plus cassé!
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Yay.

Mein Computer funktioniert wieder!

Mon ordinateur n'est plus cassé!

Ach, ich hatte keine Erklärung dafür, warum der Thread verlangsamt hatte :lol:
Does anyone know what the 'Hugo' books/CDs are like for languages? Especially 'French in three months'?
Original post by Dead End Street
Does anyone know what the 'Hugo' books/CDs are like for languages? Especially 'French in three months'?

I presume you don't mean Victor Hugo because I imagine you might kill yourself trying to read that while learning French :mmm:
Ach, ich hatte keine Erklärung dafür, warum der Thread verlangsamt hatte :lol:
Ach, du denkst auch, dass ich zu viel hier poste?

Ich wuerde mit dem zustimmen!
Ach, du denkst auch, dass ich zu viel hier poste?

Ich wuerde mit dem zustimmen!

Nicht "zu viel", nein! :tongue: Ich hasse den Ausdruck "zu viel" :lol: Der ist so ungerechtfurtigt selbstkritisch :emo:
alguém aqui que também estude o português? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2272
Original post by jim_lelliott

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sim, e eu acho e você quer dizer 'que também estuda português' (it flows better this way :wink:)

I'm not sure about people from Portugal, but in Brazil we don't tend to use the word 'the', like in French you have 'le' and 'la'
Nicht "zu viel", nein! :tongue: Ich hasse den Ausdruck "zu viel" :lol: Der ist so ungerechtfurtigt selbstkritisch :emo:
Der zweite Satz klingt... seltsam. Ich bin muede und ich weiss nicht als ob du einen Fehler eigentlich gemacht hast.

Ist dein Deutsch einfach zu gebildet fuer mich oder? :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Der zweite Satz klingt... seltsam. Ich bin muede und ich weiss nicht als ob du einen Fehler eigentlich gemacht hast.

Haha ich müsste die Wörte, die ich benutzt habe, mit dict.cc finden :tongue: Sie werden natürlich nicht wichtig :mmm:
Reply 2275
Original post by jim_lelliott

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by srm4
Sim, e eu acho e você quer dizer 'que também estuda português' (it flows better this way :wink:)

I'm not sure about people from Portugal, but in Brazil we don't tend to use the word 'the', like in French you have 'le' and 'la'

I've always been fascinated by Portuguese, as I learn Spanish. Is it difficult to learn Portuguese if I learn Spanish?
Original post by srm4

Ahh I see, obrigado! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2277
with it's totally grammatically correct title :u:

Irony? :angry:
Original post by AquisM
I've always been fascinated by Portuguese, as I learn Spanish. Is it difficult to learn Portuguese if I learn Spanish?

Spanish is very helpful when learning Portuguese once you learn the differences between the two because a lot of words/verbs are the same or similar... I started this year studying advanced Spanish and starting Portuguese from scratch, but I'm going straight into advanced Portuguese next year so it's not that difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

The tutor pointed out how unusual our A2 class is this year :tongue:
1) It's a majority boys class! (3/5!)
2) We are ALL (a bit) foreign! (a BBC girl, a Persian girl, A Dutch speaking African :wink:, A German speaking African guy && a REAL Dutch guy!)

How does this compare to your former class? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending