The Student Room Group

AQA PHYA4 ~ 13th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
the first Q hen it said units of impulse, it was kg ms-1 right??
Reply 721
Original post by gandanmo

Yeah, impulse is change in momentum, and unit of momentum is kgms^-1

yep
Original post by cooldudeman
Yh amd Blv. I did that in 5secs because in the book it mentioned that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely it's vertical and blv as the rod needs to be moving perpendicular to the magnetic field lines

Ahh nvm I think I fell for the trap.
Original post by Dirtybit
Surely it's vertical and blv as the rod needs to be moving perpendicular to the magnetic field lines

I can't remember which way the lines were going

Posted from TSR Mobile
im sure its 150 and 5pi/6 :smile:

60 and 5pi/6. 150 is the same as 5pi/6...
Reply 726
Original post by fizzbizz
I actually found the brightness one quite easy;

The time between the sparks would increase since a larger capacitance means it takes longer to charge (greater time constant)
And since a larger capacitance means greater charge stored per unit potential difference, for each discharge there is more charge to get rid of

So why are the sparks brighter? I thought there are just more sparks of the same brightness :/
Reply 727

The current was vertical, the magnetic field was to the right (I think)
therefore the movement is into or out of the plane which is horizontal because it was a side view
Reply 728
HEY GUYS! you know the graph of e.m.f in Q5 i drew the the reflection of the graph they should reflected on y=0 so basically flipped it over making it upside down( or right way up) did the graph start from 0 or a value? so me reflecting it making a cos graph, would i drop both marks ? or just 1 ?
Reply 729
They gave the values in the question so I presume you can use them to work out the value of g . I did this and the sun had a larger value than the moon

I worked it out too roughly, got E>S>M
Reply 730
Original post by Qwertish
60 and 5pi/6. 150 is the same as 5pi/6...

Would I get anything for putting 2.62 radians?

http://www.mathinary.com/calculation.jsp?calcname=Grader&grader=&pi=Pi&radianer=2.62&

Damn silly mistakes
Reply 731
Original post by cooldudeman
Yh amd Blv. I did that in 5secs because in the book it mentioned that

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but the thing that stumped me, is that it showed the magnetic field in the horizontal direction :confused:
Having just realised I have completely forgotten everything I wrote in the exam I then scan the thread and result in just petrifying myself... well done me
Reply 733
Original post by Stellios
I worked it out too roughly, got E>S>M

was that answer B?
Reply 734

DAMN I put kgms^-2

I was thinking of F and not Ft :angry:
HEY GUYS! you know the graph of e.m.f in Q5 i drew the the reflection of the graph they should reflected on y=0 so basically flipped it over making it upside down( or right way up) did the graph start from 0 or a value? so me reflecting it making a cos graph, would i drop both marks ? or just 1 ?

The graph started from 0, with a peak of your peak emf from the previous part and the same frequency as the other graph which was already there.
Reply 736
Original post by The H
The current was vertical, the magnetic field was to the right (I think)
therefore the movement is into or out of the plane which is horizontal because it was a side view

so you put the answer as 'horizontal, BLV'?
I worked pretty hard for this paper, was getting A's in all the past papers but I think I messed this one up quite a bit, I hope the A boundary is reasonable :s-smilie:
Original post by MSI_10

http://www.mathinary.com/calculation.jsp?calcname=Grader&grader=&pi=Pi&radianer=2.62&

Damn silly mistakes

Dunno... probably yes because it's Physics, not maths.

And yea, I know :s-smilie: Bane of my life lol
Reply 739
Original post by MSI_10

Damn silly mistakes

tbh i think thats right! same value!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending