june 2011 was waaaaaaaaaay easier
if anything this was harder than june 2012 and jan 2013 imo

If you say so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Original post by parasagarwal01
If you say so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well i don't think it will be 147 (june 2011) or 144 (jan 2012) cos they were genuinely easier
and generally apart from bio 2011 most new specs start with low grade boundaries
(edited 10 years ago)
What did people put for why some plants may not be able to grow and survive in clay soil. I presume it was to do with the fact that the air spaces were filled with water.

I talked about because the air spaces were filled with water then there would be less nitrogen in the soil (as there is less air) and this means there is less nitrogen that nitrogen fixing bacteria can fix into mineral ions for growth.
Well guys lets face it. Paper 1 was good (118/120 minimum) and paper 2 was great. This is hard to accept lol. But paper 2 was so unbelievably easy! It might just be 144-45 BECAUSE new spec questions are easy and grade boundaries rise. And I think i am amazing and that the level of difficulty is almost as June 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are so arrogant it's beyond belief!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What some people forget is the people who go on these websites are normally relativley high achievers or people who want to do well, as the majority of people taking this igcse will be less so. Therefore if you are really worried, don't be, this is only a small percentage of people who took the exam and tbh no real value can be put on grade boundaries at this stage. I'm just going to go with the flow as no point in worrying now as nothing more I can do :smile: All I know is I did my best xx
i hope it's not just me but with the homeostasis question on sweat and vasodilation, they were each 3 marks but I felt I didn't know enough or could talk about enough for 3 marks! 
Original post by Brandon195
i hope it's not just me but with the homeostasis question on sweat and vasodilation, they were each 3 marks but I felt I didn't know enough or could talk about enough for 3 marks!*

I) sweat gland (1) secretes sweat onto surface of skin (1) water evaporates carrying away heat (1)

II) arteriole/capillary loop (1) vasodilation when hot (1) vasoconstriction when cool (1) another possible mark for explaining heat loss by radiation, conduction, convection (1)

That's what I reckon at least...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kkg1
You are so arrogant it's beyond belief!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks bro but that's the truth. Paper is done now so lets enjoy SUMMER 2013!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jongahead
i hate to burst your bubble mate but its not.
you were the one who after chemistry said for people to not show off if they thought they did well - hypocrite. so i'd stay quiet if i were you

Okay okay relax lol I wasn't showing off and I mentioned that its the truth. I as well thought that all 3 sciences went good. If it went bad for you then sorry mate. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Original post by Kkg1
I) sweat gland (1) secretes sweat onto surface of skin (1) water evaporates carrying away heat (1)

II) arteriole/capillary loop (1) vasodilation when hot (1) vasoconstriction when cool (1) another possible mark for explaining heat loss by radiation, conduction, convection (1)

That's what I reckon at least...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Regarding what I've picked out: I distinctly remember the question was specific to what would happen in a warm environment. Not sure vasoconstriction would get a mark.
Original post by NikolaT
Regarding what I've picked out: I distinctly remember the question was specific to what would happen in a warm environment. Not sure vasoconstriction would get a mark.

I'm pretty sure it would. It said what is the role in temperature regulation of strcture b. it didn't say anything about heat specifically. That I'm certain about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NikolaT

Exactly! Vasoconstriction would not be allowed and this is for sure. You should have mentioned vasoDILATION

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly! Vasoconstriction would not be allowed and this is for sure. You should have mentioned vasoDILATION

Posted from TSR Mobile

I focused more on vasodilation anyway and it's positive marking so watev

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Original post by Kkg1
I focused more on vasodilation anyway and it's positive marking so watev

Posted from TSR Mobile

positive marking is where they basically ignore the wrong bits and only mark the correct parts right? So even if the first part of your answer is waffle, if the second half is correct you'll get the marks?
Reply 157
Original post by dstunr
positive marking is where they basically ignore the wrong bits and only mark the correct parts right? So even if the first part of your answer is waffle, if the second half is correct you'll get the marks?

look at what i found http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/IGCSE%20New%20IGCSE/igcse-generic-brochure.pdf (look at pg 4)

so does this mean for structure a if i wrote pore instead of sweat gland, but in the second half talked about how sweat glands secrete water to the skin to evaporat and stuff, will they ignore the first part and give about 2 marks for that??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 158
Okay okay relax lol I wasn't showing off and I mentioned that its the truth. I as well thought that all 3 sciences went good. If it went bad for you then sorry mate. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well it isn't 'the truth'. that was what i was annoyed about.
but well done for doing well
Vasoconstriction would not gain marks here. 1 mark for the word vasodilation and 1 mark for a brief explanation (blood redirected to the edge of the skin) and 1 mark heat radiated away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending