The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by CD223
I wondered this last year and I suppose it's a silly question, but does everyone nationwide go in at the same time to collect their results or is it really just whenever on 22nd August?

Whenever! It depends on your school and what time they'll let you in to get them :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by chloe--
Whenever! It depends on your school and what time they'll let you in to get them :smile:

Oh ok! Thanks! Good luck in August. I still have one exam -.- How about you?
Reply 62
Original post by CD223
Oh ok! Thanks! Good luck in August. I still have one exam -.- How about you?

I had my last exam yesterday :smile: What's your exam on?
Reply 63
Original post by chloe--
I had my last exam yesterday :smile: What's your exam on?

Oh nice what subject was that? I still have statistics on the 24th. It feels so much later than all the others :/
Original post by Olympiad
GCSE RESULTS DAY 2013

Here, we can discuss results day - our excitement, nerves, predictions and overall grades on the day!

When is results day? Thursday 22nd August

I'm scared about my friends asking me what I got, what shall I do? Don't open your results in front of them. If you do, pull the :ninja: face

I didn't do as well as I thought, what shall I do? You have a couple of options here. First think about the subject, if it was a Maths/Science it is unlikely to be marked wrong (though it does happen). If it is an English/essay based, you may want to consider a remark. You also have the option of resitting.

"TSR and the real world is different. In the TSR world if you achieve anything less than 56 A*'s you are a failure."

Don't compare your grades with TSR users, please. Just don't.

Cool (if duanting!) thread, + rep. I'm so nervous, but i know this will happen: Positive results: Cry and Die Negative Results: Cry and Die :redface: GOOD LUCK TO ONE AND ALL, I HOPE YOU ACHEIVE YOUR DESIRED GRADES. :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by CD223
Oh nice what subject was that? I still have statistics on the 24th. It feels so much later than all the others :/

Geography :smile:
The 24th seems so late! People seemed shocked when I told them my last one was on the 18th!
Good luck to everyone! I'll be opening mine with a best mate but we reckon we'll get similar results so no sweat :tongue:
Original post by Olympiad
But surely the school told the exam board thus you may get extra marks (only a bit but still)?

Doubt it :tongue:

Original post by Goldenballs97
yeah aqa, I was just clueless so copied the guy next to me, one of the most idiotic in the bottom set, so no high hopes for me either :tongue:

French is **** :wink: I'm so glad I'll never have to do that wretched subject again :smile:
Original post by Robbie242
Haha :colondollar:

I think your cereal comment was your true claim to TSR fame :colone:
Reply 69
Original post by emilyp97
definitely opening them at home. it's weird, i came home today after my final exam and i literally do not know what to do with myself. seems as if during when i was meant to be revising, procrastinating and stuff came easily but now i cannot seem to just relax!!! :confused:

Original post by ojj_12
I know just how you feel! Is this what freedom feels like? Ahh T.V. my good friend, it's been so long...

That is EXACTLY how I feel! Even though when I was supposed to be revising, I ended up procrastinating but now I actually feel like revising...
Reply 70
Original post by justinawe
I think your cereal comment was your true claim to TSR fame :colone:

It definitely was, 100 pos rep and counting I believe :tongue: Haven't checked it in ages though :cool:
Reply 71
Aaaaaaahhhhhhh results :frown:
I'm not even finished yet, this is terrifying...
Also my results day will be awful, due to a) my school deciding to schedule the dofe practise walk on the same day, so if I dont like my results or other people in my group don't, that will not be a fun experience, and b) seeing my best friend who's moving to india and who will be there this entire summer and probably just cryinf about that because she'a doing dofe and will be in the country for four days and is not in my group AND SO I WON'T SEE HER, literally the maximum amount of time I will get to see her for is like two half days :frown: weeehhhh not looking forward to this
Reply 72
My best would be:

RS: A

English Lit: A*

English Lang: A*

Maths: A*

Core Science: A

Citizenship: A*

Spanish: A*

History: A

Music: A*

Additional Science: A*

IT: Distinction

But more likely to be:

RS: B
English Lang: A*
English Lit A
Maths: A
Core Science: A
Citizenship: B
Spanish: A
History: A
Music: A
Additional Science: A
IT: Merit

So basically, the best is 7a*s 3as
more probable/worst is 1a* 7as 2bs
Original post by NafK3
That is EXACTLY how I feel! Even though when I was supposed to be revising, I ended up procrastinating but now I actually feel like revising...

Me too! :redface: I was actually considering revising Maths, which i personally don't enjor so much!
Reply 74
Just finished my last exam today :biggrin:.

I want to know my results but i don't. UGGGH!! Feeling so conflicted.
Reply 75
Original post by chloe--
Geography :smile:
The 24th seems so late! People seemed shocked when I told them my last one was on the 18th!

i also have statistics on the 24th..... and yh it is quite late as it is the last exam anyone in our whole school is doing.
When are as level results coming out?

BTW Good luck to all those doing GCSE's - I took my Maths in November and I was so nervous in January
Reply 77
This will be me on results day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOQn2UMDLV8
Reply 78
So...

Shall we do a predicted// actual grade thing....TSR seems to do it every year.and its finally our turn ... YEY!

my predictions :

Spoiler

but if i get straight A* im gna be like this in the room

Spoiler

Actual: .......

Ryan
Original post by ryanb97
So...

Shall we do a predicted// actual grade thing....TSR seems to do it every year.and its finally our turn ... YEY!

my predictions :

Spoiler

but if i get straight A* im gna be like this in the room

Spoiler

Actual: .......

Ryan

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2386104

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest