The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jam Jam24
did you guys get 8.5C for the Tf of the water?

Yes, and 0.016kg for the mass of ice (using exact values)
Reply 1421
Ahh that was so difficult! All my mates thought it was fine, but I hated it! Couldn't do the Heat questions, and could barely answer anything very well!

Grr, oh well.
Original post by MisterE1
Proton number of 1 means mass number of1, so1 was lost from top and bottom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, go to textbook P.158 and read the Beta+ emission again. A is unchanged.
Reply 1423
Original post by MisterE1
Proton number of 1 means mass number of1, so1 was lost from top and bottom

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, because positron decay converts a proton into a neutron. There is a gain of a neutron and loss of a proton, no net loss of nucleon number.
I got 8.4something Celsius for Tf and 0.013kg for the ice. Core section was harder than normal and Turning Points was easier than normal.
Humph. Really don't know if I've done enough :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Infinity1

Thats great! I couldnt do the mass of ice and I used the Tf value as 8, will i get some marks? :smile: i wrote out the equations and stuff
Reply 1427
Original post by Infinity1

Woo i got that for the mass of the ice too :biggrin:
Couldn't do part a though. giveup2.png
so was the mass of the oxygen 15 ? or 16 ? And what was the one below that ? I cant remember the question
got 0.016 for the mass of the ice then crossed it out and did it different noooooo :frown:
Original post by blahblahh
so was the mass of the oxygen 15 ? or 16 ? And what was the one below that ? I cant remember the question

15, I believe.
Reply 1431
Feeling good about nuclear now that I've got the same answers as everyone else for the hard ones. The only questions I've definitely got wrong is the definition of the atomic mass unit and what the neutrons do when they collide elastically. I've almost definitely lost at least 3 marks in the 6-markers too. But I don't think I've done badly enough to not get an A.

Anyoen remember their answers for applied? I can't, but any similar answers would hopefully ring a bell.
That paper was filth. bloody awful. Astrophysics was the only thing I could do. CCD 6 MARKER. I could just think of 2-3 points. Horrendous heat capacity question. Awful volume questions. Tonnes of wordy question. Thank you aqa for changing the paper compared to previous years. Lets just hope the grade boundaries are low :smile:
Original post by Pinkhead
I got 8.4something Celsius for Tf and 0.013kg for the ice. Core section was harder than normal and Turning Points was easier than normal.

Agreed, I got 0.015kg

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea what moderator molecules emit when they are excited!!
Not sure what de Broglie's hypothesis was either....
Reply 1435
put 15 and B+ decay which i think could be wrong
Got 8.4 for temp of water
0.016kg for mass of ice
around 130 mol for first amount of gas
3.5 mol for when its open
size of lense was 46cm (meant to about 50 so seemed right)
age of universe got 14.1b
about all i can remember
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mrwho
Feeling good about nuclear now that I've got the same answers as everyone else for the hard ones. The only questions I've definitely got wrong is the definition of the atomic mass unit and what the neutrons do when they collide elastically. I've almost definitely lost at least 3 marks in the 6-markers too. But I don't think I've done badly enough to not get an A.

Anyoen remember their answers for applied? I can't, but any similar answers would hopefully ring a bell.

Whats the deifiniton of an atomic mass unit? We weren't taught about it. I just put the mass of a proton, which equates to 1.67x10^-27 but had no idea!!
Original post by AWithers95

I put that they release photons which is gamma radiation ?
And i put that debrolgies hypothesis is that if waves can have particle like nature then particles can have wave like nature ?

Anyone know if this is right ?
Reply 1438
Original post by AWithers95

I thought it was gamma rays, emitted in discrete packets when the nuclei return to their ground states.
Original post by JamesSS95
Agreed, I got 0.015kg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably differences when we rounded up values. I hope they aren't too harsh on the rounding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending