The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Ahh okay, did you get some grades last year then? Or were you just reading last year's thread? I'm in year 11 as well :smile:

Yup, got some grades last year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by H0PEL3SS
This thread has made me realise how impatient I'll end up becoming during the course of the holidays... :mad:
So, what is everyone doing during the summer to ease the wait?

Lol, gonna relax, eat loads of junk food and play ps3 all day probably, and hopefully get out a bit with friends too, what about you?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
The Challenge?
I plan on doing some volunteer work, and catching up on every book, video game, album and film I missed over the past few months.
Also, all of the extra curricular stuff that had to be put on the backburner because of exams.

Challenge - 3 weeks,
1st week - adventure place like PGL
2nd week - at a university, learn a new skill, given a budget to spend for food
3rd week - charity work

Sounds fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was also going to do a runner on results day; ie, run in, run out. But then my friend pointed out to me that it's best that you stay and open it there in case there are any whole year announcements they have to make, for example, last year my school sent all the English exams back for a re-mark because of the whole scandal about it. Also, if by any chance you need to change your A-level options because of your results, you can talk to your exam officer there. Alternatively, if you find that your results weren't so desirable, you can ask to know exactly what you got and how far away from a grade boundary you were so you know the appropriate approach to take, if it may be asking for a re-mark. You'll know whether it'd be worth it or not. It'd be easiest to do it all there.

But regardless, good luck everyone!
Original post by ResultInExcellence
I was also going to do a runner on results day; ie, run in, run out. But then my friend pointed out to me that it's best that you stay and open it there in case there are any whole year announcements they have to make, for example, last year my school sent all the English exams back for a re-mark because of the whole scandal about it. Also, if by any chance you need to change your A-level options because of your results, you can talk to your exam officer there. Alternatively, if you find that your results weren't so desirable, you can ask to know exactly what you got and how far away from a grade boundary you were so you know the appropriate approach to take, if it may be asking for a re-mark. You'll know whether it'd be worth it or not. It'd be easiest to do it all there.

But regardless, good luck everyone!

I was going to do the same. :frown: I think I might just check if I got an A in the subjects I want to do and if so just leave and then read the rest of them at home. Everyone at our school is a nightmare where results are concerned, if someone gets really good results they feel the need to ask everyone else how they did so they can then tell you how they did....
Also I am really sorry this may be a completely stupid question. Do we get all of the modular grades on the piece of paper or will it just be the final end grade?
Reply 126
Original post by whizzkid24601
Also I am really sorry this may be a completely stupid question. Do we get all of the modular grades on the piece of paper or will it just be the final end grade?

I believe it's just the end grades but your teachers should have the modular grades if you want them. That's what we've been told.
Why are people complaining about only getting a few A*s, some As and a couple Bs? :frown:
Original post by alexgr97
I believe it's just the end grades but your teachers should have the modular grades if you want them. That's what we've been told.

Thank you :smile:

Modular grades :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meliss
Why are people complaining about only getting a few A*s, some As and a couple Bs? :frown:

Why are you surprised? This is TSR :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meliss

I don't mean to be fussy but if I did get a few a*s and some Bs I would be personally unhappy. At my school we have to get at least 6 As and an A at every subject we want to study at a-level to get a place in the sixth form!
Reply 132
Original post by Meliss

I think it depends on the person and what you expect for yourself. For some people, those grades are way above their reach, for others, it's what they'd ideally want, and for a few, it's below their expectations. It just depends on you - it doesn't mean people think the grades are bad, just not what they expect of themselves.

(And this is TSR, if you get less than 100 A*s you're a failure. Just don't compare your results to people on TSR, it's seriously not representative of all students)

you'll have to ask your school what they do. My school just gives out overall results but I know others that give out individual modules :smile:
Reply 134
I'm so scared my sister and brother are like super smart and I'm about average. When my sister said she wasn't good at chemistry She still got an A. My parents naturally expect I am the same. Thankfully at my school we get our results in the post so no going in to collect them.:smile:
I'm opening mine as soon as possible in school, after 2 months of waiting I would like to know straight away! I also might have to change my a-level options depending on my results, so that's why I'm planning on opening them straight away :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
Our school gives you £50 for five a* and £100 for 9 a* so I'm really hoping to get 5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Follett
Our school gives you £50 for five a* and £100 for 9 a* so I'm really hoping to get 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

oooo isnt that bribe! :biggrin:
i think that results day is on 23rd August not 22nd. Well thats what it said when i opened up my results plus direct :confused:
Original post by Follett

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! Good luck on that :biggrin:
I'm hoping for four but chances are that won't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest