The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Original post by Vionar
:lol: If I had enough time, during the summer, I'd be learning about far too many things to list! :tongue: I haven't got much planned, so I hope there'll be time to do self teaching!

You have a book in your school library about Esperanto!? Lucky! :eek: I'd be lucky to find one about French in mine! Aww, why don't you get it loaned out secretly! :tongue: There is one quite good website, which was what I was mainly using. Erm...not enough!

Hahaha, hopefully. I always say I'll self-teach stuff then don't ever get round to it :lol:

I know! Our school library is quite useful, actually! Memrise is quite good, I was learning Esperanto vocab on it in ICT. Which website was it?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Je vais bien, je ne parle pas l'allemand... Encore :wink: :mmm:

Whoops, je suis désolé :s-smilie:
Original post by constantmeowage
Gut danke :smile: und wie geht's dir? :smile:

(if you mean 'you' as in more than one person, then you say 'euch', but don't worry, you'll be understood perfectly well if you use 'dir' :smile:)

Sehr gut, danke. Das Wetter ist schön in Großbritannien! (Thank you for the advice :smile: )
Reply 2602
Original post by EmilyJayne14
Hahaha, hopefully. I always say I'll self-teach stuff then don't ever get round to it :lol:

I know! Our school library is quite useful, actually! Memrise is quite good, I was learning Esperanto vocab on it in ICT. Which website was it?

That's exactly what I do, but for everything! I'm going to go and get a drink...half an hour later...wow, I'm really thirsty, I'm goin to get a drink...and that can go on for hours!

I like memrise, but I'll say I'm going to go on it...and then... I don't get around to it!
It was called lernu.net
Reply 2603
Original post by Vionar
That's exactly what I do, but for everything! I'm going to go and get a drink...half an hour later...wow, I'm really thirsty, I'm goin to get a drink...and that can go on for hours!

I like memrise, but I'll say I'm going to go on it...and then... I don't get around to it!
It was called lernu.net

:rofl:

Oh yeah, I found lernu.net!!
Reply 2604
Original post by EmilyJayne14
:rofl:

Oh yeah, I found lernu.net!!

Or I get distracted by something!
Original post by DashingHero
Bonjour, ça va? :smile: It's been ages since I've used French so will be rusty :tongue:
J'ai mangé un curry de légumes avec riz1 à midi2.

1Do I need a partitive article even when I use avec?
2Is this word order okay?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octopus_Garden

1Is this word order okay?

I'd put it there (avec des riz?)

Yeah it is :wink: I think :colondollar:
Original post by thatitootoo
Hahaha I guess I'm not the only one who thought WTH when reading that :lol:
But that would be quite cool if that was the case :cool:
I just believed him.:blush:

This may be more embarrassing, but that very night, I heard some French people talking in Tesco (again and I haven't heard Russian once) but that didn't make me reflect on the post at all.

I just termed it as anecdata that was not necessarily indicative of a national trend!
Original post by constantmeowage
Haven't got a bloody clue. :confused::eek:

J'ai honte. :s

LITERALLY :eek:
"Hoe gaat het MET jou?"
"Wie geht es mit Ihnen?"
You're Dutch. There is no other explanation. :O
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2609
Original post by Vionar
Or I get distracted by something!

Ja, ja, I know the feeling :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
Fair enough - neither I nor my Danish fiancé could work out who it was that had a tendency to speak Russian in Scandinavia - I presumed you meant Latvians or something (still not even sure if they have any connection to Russian). :tongue:

My Latvian and Lithuanian friends speak Russian :smile: it's actually them that made me FINALLY decide to learn it.

2Is this word order okay?

I think it sounds right :tongue:
I just believed him.:blush:

This may be more embarrassing, but that very night, I heard some French people talking in Tesco (again and I haven't heard Russian once) but that didn't make me reflect on the post at all.

I just termed it as anecdata that was not necessarily indicative of a national trend!

loool what a coincidence! There are not many Francophone people where we live...at all!
Did you understand much of what they were saying?

Perhaps because we don't understand Russian...whenever we hear it spoken we would assume it's Polish? :O
(edited 10 years ago)
*We wanted a ''common language' and I don't see Fish learning German at this rate...Je parle un peu le francais, aber ich habe keine Lust, mehr Französisch zu lernen! :tongue:
He had a brave attempt this morning. He tried to leapfrog over GCSE level, and get straight to A-level!
Original post by DashingHero
I think it sounds right :tongue:
I'm going to have to get constantmeowage to adjudicate!
He had a brave attempt this morning. He tried to leapfrog over GCSE level, and get straight to A-level!

There are no levels for me in German :lol: it's all a blur
Original post by I am Ace
My Latvian and Lithuanian friends speak Russian :smile: it's actually them that made me FINALLY decide to learn it.

привет

I did a bit of russian for my DofE, can olny remember how to say 'hello, how are you?' Might pick it up again :biggrin:
loool what a coincidence! There are not many Francophone people where we live...at all!
Did you understand much of what they were saying?

Perhaps because we don't understand Russian...whenever we hear it spoken we would assume it's Polish? :O
:lolwut: I don't understand the people in my class...

I thought I distinguished autre chose! And the other Frenchwoman I heard a few weeks ago was speaking French to a baby, so I caught beaucoup de [word for kiss].

:eek: QUOTES or it did not happen! :wink:
:eek: QUOTES or it did not happen! :wink:

Me: "How do I form the passive?"
Octo: u wot m8, **** off and learn basic **** first

:mmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending