The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm excited and anxious at the same time... :jive:
Reply 201
Are all short courses worth half a GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Are all short courses worth half a GCSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
i must ask this.. is this thread for GCSE or IGCSE because they are 2 different things.
Gcse i think
Original post by parasagarwal01
i must ask this.. is this thread for GCSE or IGCSE because they are 2 different things.

They aren't THAT different to each other, I'm doing a mixture of both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
They aren't THAT different to each other, I'm doing a mixture of both

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the differences?
Reply 207
Original post by THEMathlete

they r recognized the same with ucas......but some schools abroad do igcses they r considered to be harder than gcses
Original post by THEMathlete

IGCSE's - linear, no controlled assessment or coursework and harder

Uhh... both? :tongue: They aren't dissimilar and they both have the same results day, so there isn't much point in making a new thread specifically for IGCSEs. I, like many others, have done a combination of the two.

They're not really that different. Yes, iGCSEs are often regarded as being more difficult than GCSEs but I seriously do not think that it will matter a huge amount. Universities do take into account your GCSE grades but I really cannot imagine that they would go so far as to differentiate between iGCSEs and GCSEs.
Original post by diba786
where can u see them online??

Only some schools allow you to see your results online. Mine doesn't.
Original post by diba786
samee!!!! i took additional maths n after i thought no exam could be worse than my french listennign i was proven wrong.....i was predicted a c for it and hope i got it.........

What grades are you hoping for overall, if you don't mind me asking? And what are you taking for A levels? :smile:
Reply 213
Hi, I wad wondering when you do a double award gcse you get separate grades does this count as 2 full gcses, thanks :smile:
Reply 214
Original post by BP_Tranquility
What grades are you hoping for overall, if you don't mind me asking? And what are you taking for A levels? :smile:

oh no its fine :smile:.......im predicted 8A*s and 6A's.......hoping for around 9 or if im rlyy lucky 10......dat would be a dream come truee ill still be happy with 7 or 8....wbu?
n im taking biology chemistry maths and german :smile: wbu
Reply 215
Anyone want to self teach the start of A-level maths in the holiday????

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2388248&p=43280519#post43280519
Reply 216
Original post by Chlorophile
Only some schools allow you to see your results online. Mine doesn't.

oh okay.....is that on the schools web or do they give u the login n password to access it somewhere else?
Original post by diba786
oh no its fine :smile:.......im predicted 8A*s and 6A's.......hoping for around 9 or if im rlyy lucky 10......dat would be a dream come truee ill still be happy with 7 or 8....wbu?
n im taking biology chemistry maths and german :smile: wbu

I'm hoping for 7A*s at least, with the remainder As and the occasional B or two (will probably be in Additional Maths)...:cool:

I'm taking chemistry, maths, physics and further maths...what exam boards will you be on for chemistry and maths? :smile:
Reply 218
Original post by ryanb97
Anyone want to self teach the start of A-level maths in the holiday????

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2388248&p=43280519#post43280519

thnxx :smile:.....worth having a look at just so u know wat the teachers r talking bout.....lol
Reply 219
Original post by diba786
oh okay.....is that on the schools web or do they give u the login n password to access it somewhere else?

only for edexcel exams.... some do give these out..some dont ...you only get to see the result a few hours earlier though ...

Latest