The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Predicted results I'm in year 10 so I only get 3 !
AQA core science A*
Film studies A
Religious studies A

I'm hoping that I may just scrape an A* in film studies but I really doubt it as the mark scheme is so harsh !! :/
Original post by the-black-lotus
I'm just waiting for my GCSE Astronomy result... And I'm stressed about that. Don't even want to think about how much of a wreck I'm going to be next year... Hope everyone does well!

Haha I can totally relate I'm in year 10 so I'm only getting three results back !,I'm stressed out of my mind though as I'm expecting an A* and two A's so if I don't get these I'm going to be extremely disappointed in myself ,I'm hoping that I'm allowed to retake film studies though which I think I've got an A in as its easy to get an A* in it !!
Reply 402
Original post by Captain Anonymous

AQA French

I think listening grade boundaries will be very low and the reading ones very high

I really hope I've got an A overall but I'm worried the listening grade will bring it down to a B
Original post by Fashionfood
Predicted results I'm in year 10 so I only get 3 !
AQA core science A*
Film studies A
Religious studies A

I'm hoping that I may just scrape an A* in film studies but I really doubt it as the mark scheme is so harsh !! :/

Good luck, those are great grades to aim for!
Original post by Fashionfood
Haha I can totally relate I'm in year 10 so I'm only getting three results back !,I'm stressed out of my mind though as I'm expecting an A* and two A's so if I don't get these I'm going to be extremely disappointed in myself ,I'm hoping that I'm allowed to retake film studies though which I think I've got an A in as its easy to get an A* in it !!

Go year 10s! Stay optimistic, you might have got an A*! Good luck!
Seems like every paper I took was either harder, weirder or far more tedious (RS!!!) than usual...except IGCSE French (easier than usual, I think) and the Maths Calc paper (offset by the horrific Non-Calc). Fingers crossed for decent grade boundaries...
edexcel maths should be low boundaries I think... what's everyone predicting?
Original post by the-black-lotus
Go year 10s! Stay optimistic, you might have got an A*! Good luck!

Yeh go me loool,and yeh but I'd rather convince myself Ive got an A so that if I do get the A then I won't be too annoyed that I didn't get the A* and its really annoying as I needed 97 ums in re to get an A* overall in it but I ****ed up one if the questions so I'm like 99% sure I'm going to miss the A* by 1 or 2 ums so I really don't want to miss the A* in film for the sake of a few ums marks as well,as I don't think my teacher will let me retake to get the A* in it next year if I got an A as most people in my class will get a c at the most so they would probably be happy with the a even though I'm really not :/
Original post by paradoxicalme
Good luck, those are great grades to aim for!

Thanks they don't seem that great to me as I'd prefer 2/3 A* but oh well and I'm 99% sure I've got the A* in science so I can't really complain and science is the most important out of them so I should just be glad I've done the best in that,I know I condo have done better though :/ oh god why am I so hard on myself !!
Reply 409
i'm not gunna look at grade boundaries the day before because i'll just panic!!
I normally say that to myself - but, end up looking anyway :lol:

For my AQA P1 exam in January I knew that I had either got 45 or 44 out of 60 and so I knew that if it was 46 was 90 ums then I definetly wouldn't have got an A* so I was so bloody nervous when I looked at the grade boundaries the day before as I basically knew that 1 mark would determine whether I had got the A* or not but to my relief I saw it was 45 for 90 ums so when results day came I wasn't at all surprised to find out in class that I'd got a A* in the exam much to the confusion of all my classmates haha I'd never felt so happy !!

I'm going to look at them as that way I will be able to prepare myself for results day as I'm pretty accurate when it comes to predicting the marks that I got,I got the mark spot on for my physics exam in jan and I was well proud of myself so hopefully I will know my grades the day before everyone else if my predictions are correct again,fingers crossed I get my A* !!!
yhh same :mmm:
yhh same :mmm:

:smile:
I think it would be better if the grade boundaries came out like a month earlier :h:
I think it would be better if the grade boundaries came out like a month earlier :h:

It can be but the examiners need to mark our papers 5 times faster if so because the grade boundaries depend on students performance in the exam all over UK
yhh exactly :O
I just wish the examiners would suffer more than us
Original post by acecahill39
I just wish the examiners would suffer more than us

#truestory

Latest