The Student Room Group

Do any girls like big bulky guys these days?

Poll

Girls, big bulky guys?

I'm talking about guys who are definitely muscular but a bit chubby at the same time. Ones who are big, heavy and have a decent amount of meat to them, so to speak.

It appears to me that almost all girls go for toned, fairly slim guys these days. I'm wondering if there are many girls out there who like this big bulky look?

Please don't bring personality into this by the way. This is purely on looks.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The girls on this site are not an accurate representation of the girls in the general population.
Wouldn't turn one down.
Reply 3
Original post by WhatDoIWrite
The girls on this site are not an accurate representation of the girls in the general population.
What do you believe will be the answers from the girls on this site? And how do you think this will differ from the general female population?
I like muscley guys, but not like. At all overweight. So I don't know how that fits into the question, but there's my answer.
Original post by imperialmint
What do you believe will be the answers from the girls on this site? And how do you think this will differ from the general female population?

I would guess the girls on this site would like toned guys as opposed to big muscular ones.
I think girls from the general population would like both toned guys and muscular. With 60-40 split maybe.

And before someone jumps down my throat. This is based strictly on what I have observed I have not carried out a strict randomised control trial to determine this.
Reply 6
Tbh mate when I was slim-built I was rolling in pussy. Since I bulked up, it's been slim-pickings, to say the least. And I simply refuse to believe that it's some kind of internal problem. All the pseudo-psychologists on here will have you believing that your self-esteem is some kind of pipe network that can become blocked-up with flab. Not so.

When I say I "bulked up", I put on way too much fat. But still, I'd say:-

Toned/ripped - good
Stocky - bad
I prefer it to the shredded look. Can't stand it looks veiny and gross
Reply 8
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I prefer it to the shredded look. Can't stand it looks veiny and gross

You can't handle the truth!
I actually find it very attractive when a guy is muscular but has a bit of "podge" on him. It's rather hawt.

I obviously don't speak for the whole female population though.
I actually tend to go for big bulky guys because I'm not petite or slim myself and bigger guys somewhat gives me a sense of security I guess :smile:
Too much muscles is just...no
I like bulky arms, not TOO bulky, but nice and big. I think that's my favourite part to be muscly.
Reply 13
I like slender guys with some muscle.. More of an lean athletic built
Reply 14
I love a big burly man, espeially with a bit of podge - they are the best for hugging haha. For me muscles represent vanity which i hate!
Reply 15
Original post by Gabe9999
I love a big burly man, espeially with a bit of podge - they are the best for hugging haha. For me muscles represent vanity which i hate!

Muscles=vanity?

Strong logic.
Yes, but I exercise a lot myself so probs not the best person to ask :tongue:

I think there's a stereotype going around that "muscular guys are vain/shallow," same as the "pretty girls are bitchy" stereotype, which is a shame really. Lifting shows you have self-discipline and respect your body - a lot of my female friends won't touch lifters with a bargepole, but go for "edgy" guys who do drugs and smoke as it apparently makes them more down to earth, which I think is weird.
Reply 18
It depends what you mean by 'bulky'.

I prefer a man to look strong, have some meat on him and I don't mind a little tummy as long as he's in good shape. I don't like overly 'pumped-up' muscles though, especially not with the veins popping through. Some men look like they're just naturally 'meaty' without having to bulk up. Men like Clive Owen and Craig Bierko have great physiques.

I am not into skinny guys and I don't care much about abs or pecs.
If I'm perfectly honest it's the only type I'm really attracted tp. Guys who are skinny/try too hard to have muscle definitions by excessive working out just don't appeal to me at all. Look like they've got no meat on their bones IMO! But I think it's just down to personal preference tbh but if you're not exactly the skinniest girl with low confidence it makes you feel comfortable if you have a similar partner, atleast it does with me, i.e. my partner's big but still strong from being a rugby player. hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest